• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

Does anyone else worry about.....

Camaro Discussions (NON-TECHNICAL)

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:36 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Google....many years ago
The value of theire Camaros. Tell me if I'm losing my mind, but my car has pretty low miles for its year I am always calculating in my head well I can drive it this weekend, no I can't drive it this weekend, excetera. I don't EVER plan on getting rid of it, so should I not care and just drive the hell out of it, or am I right to consider this as substancial?
1999 Z/28 LS1 6-Speed, SLP cold air whisperlid w/ K&N filter. Bassini Extreme exhaust w/ highflow cats and SLP loud mouth tips. B&M short throw w/ Husrst knob. Performance brakes. Other bolt ons.

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:47 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
I plan on keeping mine as long as I'm around. I drive mine every where on the weekends and it's the car I take on long trips. I don't plan on selling it or keeping it as a collectors item. The thing is ment to be driven and ive enjoyed evey mile I've put on it. If I had to worrie about when I can and can't drive it it would defeat the reason I got it. I think the more miles the more you had time to enjoy it.
I've got 60,000 on my 01 and it's not a daily driver.
2008 Victory Red Z06

12.7 1/4 lol driver mod needed

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:16 am
Minimum of 2000 Posts
Minimum of 2000 Posts
fbodies are cheap and not worth anything....yours especially being as new as it is. it will continue to depreciate for MANY years before the values will bottom out and possibly start to climb

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:06 am
* Moderator *
* Moderator *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Surfing
How many miles are on it? If you have anything more than around 1000, then just drive and enjoy. For mileage to make a real difference to a collectible classic car it has to be REALLY low.
As Jessevd said, 4th gen Camaros are still on the depreciation slide. And yours being a 1999 model, it's still considered fairly new, so you'll have a while before she begins to appreciate.
The good news for 3rd gen owners is the depreciation has pretty much bottomed out. Reasonable shape 3rd's are now holding thier own, and minty well-optioned examples are even beginning to exceed thier original sticker price. But they have almost 10-20 years head start.
Yours has some nice options and if she's in good shape in a decade or two, she might also be worth a few $$$. But I wouldn't worry about driving it to much. Just enjoy it any time you want. The time spent driving is also worth something. :wink:
:)
1989 Iroc-Z, 305 TPI, 5 spd, 3.08 diff My Car Domain Website

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:19 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Google....many years ago
now I'm wishing I still had my 86 IROC. In addition to my 99 and formula of course.

As Jessevd said, 4th gen Camaros are still on the depreciation slide. And yours being a 1999 model, it's still considered fairly new, so you'll have a while before she begins to appreciate.
The good news for 3rd gen owners is the depreciation has pretty much bottomed out. Reasonable shape 3rd's are now holding thier own, and minty well-optioned examples are even beginning to exceed thier original sticker price

Is there anyway to calculate or rather estimate enconomic trends with these cars?
1999 Z/28 LS1 6-Speed, SLP cold air whisperlid w/ K&N filter. Bassini Extreme exhaust w/ highflow cats and SLP loud mouth tips. B&M short throw w/ Husrst knob. Performance brakes. Other bolt ons.

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:27 am
* Moderator *
* Moderator *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Paul lodge
Jessevd wrote:
fbodies are cheap and not worth anything....yours especially being as new as it is. it will continue to depreciate for MANY years before the values will bottom out and possibly start to climb

hahaha...

i've seen 3rd gens go for 15,000$+ with low miles so they must be worth something :D
'74 454 .030 Over 4.250 Stroke 489, SRP Forged 0.030 Flat Tops, Crane Z Blower .632/.632 244/256 Cam, Weiand 871 Roots Blower, 2 x 800cfm Barry Grant Speed Demon Carb, Procomp 320cc Heads Race Package, CSR Electric Water Pump, TH400 FUll Manual Reverse Valve Body Sportsman Trans Brake 3000 Stall, 9" Rearend 31 Spline 3.70 Gears.

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:53 am
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
Our cars aren't worth much stock... but the ones that are fixed up are worth a ton!

-- ScottieB
Amadea - 89' Cam RS V6 2.8L W/ T-Tops - #10 Bright Blue Metallic -- My Myspace

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:34 am
Minimum of 200 Posts
Minimum of 200 Posts
Well mine is priceless :D

Bought it new June 18/1990 after trading my :oops: Mustang :oops:
for it. Still love it after 16 years and never selling it, so who cares what its worth!

1991 Z-28

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:41 am
* Moderator *
* Moderator *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Surfing
MyApethy29 wrote:
Is there anyway to calculate or rather estimate enconomic trends with these cars?

Keep following all the popular locations that sell Camaros, Ebay, Auto Trader, Deals On Wheels, Hemmings Motor News, etc and active Camaro messageboards (like this one), for any Camaros that you're interested in that are for sale. Over time you will get a pretty good idea what the market is like. There is no specific single source that can tell you what you want to know. It takes some digging.
1989 Iroc-Z, 305 TPI, 5 spd, 3.08 diff My Car Domain Website

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:21 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Here's the way I look at cars. Unless your rich You better get what you like because if you try to get rid of it you're not going to get s#*t for it. I have a 96 f150 it's in great shape but it's only worth like 5 and I'd be lucky to get 3 for it. And to buy a car thinking it will be worth somthing 20-30 years from now thats crazy. You people got to stop watching thoes car shows where the sell these cars for hundreds of thousand of dollars it unrealistic. All thoes shows did is screw up the chance for me to buy a classic for decent price.
2008 Victory Red Z06

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:37 am
Minimum of 200 Posts
Minimum of 200 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Yahoo Search
I just can't see the point of owning a car and hardly driving it.I would find it so frustrating to see my car sitting in the garage just looking pretty.I have about 160,000 kms on my '98 and have loved every km of it and will drive it daily for many thousands more.
98 Z28 M6 B&M Ripper, LS1 Motorsports Intake, K&N Filter, Fast Toys Ram Air System, Suspension Techniques Springs,Bilstein HDs, Hooker Catback, !EGR,!AIR CAGS.Torq Thrust II 17"x9.5" 17"x11" 160* Thermostat, EFILive

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:15 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
To put a car away for 20 years is somthing rich people do. The normal person making payments on a car is going to get his moneys worth. I love driving, Just to drive anyware is my time. That would be my worst night mare to have a beuityful car just sitting their that I couldent drive.I would have to say thats self induced torture, thats what crazy people do.
2008 Victory Red Z06

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:16 pm
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Boobs
Since you did Mod your car it basically isnt gonna be worth much.. i would bet the same exact car as yours stock would sell for more, Because alot of people see modded car's as abused or often raced ...
Let alone the 2000 and earlier F-bodys are the least valued because of a bunch of different thing's, Crappy intake, Exhaust Manifold's, EGR, ECT...
The only 98-2000 F-body that i think would be worth any value would be a
1999 Hugger Oranage Camaro because it was the least produced and later became a more desirable color because of it being the most Rare...
And probably the only 2001 f-bodys that would be worth any $ would be a F-body that with a LS-6 block..
The 2002's only see more Value because they are dubbed 35TH Anvers and were the last
But out off all them anyplace in the future where one of them might be worth $ is if it was a an 02 SS or a 02 LS-6 block car..
but all the rest probably won't be worth crap.. The only thing that helps them i think is the 35TH Anvers Tag and being the last made...
And now with all the fuss with the New Camaro all the 98-02'S Have all dropped in value by a few 1,000 Dollars over night...

I bought my 2002 Z28 In late 02 it was the only Ls-1 Car beside's a SS Convert that was way over priced that was left on the dealer lot...
For the first 3 year's i worried about it and didn't drive it much because i had a 96 Z28 as a daily driver.. Except i didn't drive mine in fear of value, I didnt drive mine becauseof the fear of not being able to buy another brand new Camaro.. So i kept it under a car cover.. I put 14,000 miles on the 02 in 3 years And the past year i have put another 24,000 Miles.. I wouldnt have it any other way now than to just keep driving it and enjoying it... I also stock piled performance part's for a year that i didn't put on my car until the week the orginal warranty ended May 2005... I couldn't stand looking at the boxes of stuff at my house ..

Luckily shortly after that the rumor's started floating of the Camaro coming back so i just said to myself Let the Modding begin Hehe.. So i'll drive the Hell out of it until the next one come's

If i was to buy a F-body in hope of Future value it wouldn't be a Camaro ..
The price's are falling steady including the 2002's ...
I would go purchase a 2002 Firehawk or 2002 W.S.6. or possibly a 02 Trans Am and Leave them completely stock also Barely drive it.... their value is actually climbing in the North East... Because you won't see any of them in the near future..
GM already stated No Trans Am's ever because of the royalty they have to pay per car to the Trans am people...
And they also stated no more clone car's across the division competing for the same Sale's

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:57 pm
Minimum of 60 Posts
Minimum of 60 Posts
Its going to be quite some time before these cars are worth anything, for the time being just enjoy the car, doesnt matter how well u take care of it by the time its worth anything itll need restoration regardless

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:50 pm
Minimum of 200 Posts
Minimum of 200 Posts
well my Iroc is a 2nd owner car with 89k original miles on it... it doesn't seem to make too much of a difference as far as making more people want it... i drive it everyday though when I'm not driving my k5 blazer... i can't really worry too much about miles... I bought the car and put a lot of money into it.... gotta drive it...
'00 Camaro z28, LS1, 6-speed, T-tops, alpine deck, Hurst short throw shifter.... more mods to come.....

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:12 am
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
I use to feel the same way about keeping the miles low on my cars
had a89 LX 5.0 mustang with only 23,000 miles when i sold it in 97 bought the car in 94 with 17000 miles--but looking back now i say to myself what a waste of a car payment each month for a car that just sits in the garage all the time--my advise is quit worrying and drive that badboy--they were made to be driven not to be garage dust collectors
1of 802 SS convert 6-speeds year 2000
1of 48 artic white cars
1of 56 tan top
SLP build # 146
my other baby(1969 SS 396 Chevelle)

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:44 am
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
Definitly drive it and dont worry about the miles. You said your never gettin rid of it, so enjoy it. Besides i'd be more impressed at a car show if a guy/girl showed up in a camaro with a million miles on it than if some yuppie trailored his camaro with no miles on it. Having a car and not driving it is like having a bed and not sleeping in it, makes no sense.

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:27 am
Minimum of 600 Posts
Minimum of 600 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: www.google.com
ive only had my 85 iroc for 5 months n i plan on never gettin rid of it since the iroc is my dream car and the value of it doesnt matter to me becaue ill always enjoy it
my 85 IROC-Z-350 4 bolt main,700r tranny,B&M shift kit,edelbrock performer intake,holley carb,headman headers,magnaflow exhaust,charcoal/black interior,new paint and more this year

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:31 am
Minimum of 2000 Posts
Minimum of 2000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Roj told me. He is my hero. One day, im gonna grow up and be just like him, You'll see.
Well buying a car as an investment is the worst move you can make.
If you can afford to buy one you should give yourself the luxury of driving it. You bought it to enjoy it.

Invest in land and drive the car

Return to Camaro Non-Tech