• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

ls7 for my 02, or high power 09

Camaro Discussions (NON-TECHNICAL)

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:25 am
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
After I graduate from college, i am planning on purchasing one of the new camaros. The thing I can't decide on is if I should get a high powered one such as the ss is now, or if I should get one of the v6s and drop an ls7 in the camaro that i have now. Let me know what you guys would do if you were in the same situation that I am in. Either way I am probably going to need a new motor for the car I have now by then, but I could just get a new 3.8L. I actually get pretty good gas mileage with the one I have now. Plus I don't know if I really want to spend all that money on an 09 if its just a v6.

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:30 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Online search
If your going to buy one of the 09's, go ahead and get it with a v8.
Simpleman'Z 28
Moroso CAI,Relocated AIT,TB bypass,Custom pcm tune,OE Zo6 Wheels,Falken FK452 tires, Hooker Competition cat-back exhaust, more mods coming.

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:13 pm
* $1 - $50 *
* $1 - $50 *
I like the LS 7 route. I'm looking for a clean 4th Gen body, just to be a good home for an LS 7. Even 14K for the motor you will light years ahead in total bang for the buck.

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:41 pm
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Boobs
rlyfst1 wrote:
I like the LS 7 route. I'm looking for a clean 4th Gen body, just to be a good home for an LS 7. Even 14K for the motor you will light years ahead in total bang for the buck.

Wow Lane is wanting an LS ?? :lol:
with the money you got why waste 14k on a LS-7 when you could build up to a 500+ c.i. LS out of a LSX block that makes more power for cheaper and still reuse alot of the original LS-1 hardware..

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:24 pm
* $1 - $50 *
* $1 - $50 *

Wow Lane is wanting an LS ?? :lol:
with the money you got why waste 14k on a LS-7 when you could build up to a 500+ c.i. LS out of a LSX block that makes more power for cheaper and still reuse alot of the original LS-1 hardware..

Zoot factor only.

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:46 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Through an internet search.
Yeah, the LSX would be pretty wicked! That would be a tuff one for me. Although, an LS7 could be cool too. I remember seeing what KATECH (I believe that's spelled right) did with an LS7 in a 4th Gen., and it was AWESOME!! That thing would just sit there and burn the tires without even having to try hard. So, I guess it all comes down to how much you want to spend. GOOD LUCK!!!
1991 RS Camaro with a fresh 355 ci Small Block with several mods.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:28 pm
Minimum of 600 Posts
Minimum of 600 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: your mom
Yep, agreed. My dream Camaro has always been a 427-powered Camaro, except the problem with this was also that I wanted an IROC. So my solution was to find a 427 block from an old Vette and put it in a 3rd Gen. Nowadays this is a little unrealistic because of the inefficiency of the engine compared to the stock engine.
Well, when I decided what I wanted, that was before the LS7 (second-named LS7, obviously, not the 454). Technically I'm still keeping within the dream, since the LS7 is 427 cubic inches. And that's what I said I wanted. Though I do eventually want to get my hands on an old 427 (L71/L72 perhaps) to stick in a first gen without an engine, I'd kind of like to build this unique car to begin with.
Of course I can't afford an '09 right now, and if I could, I still would like to build something unique, be it a 427-powered Camaro or my current dreams. Checking out camquest, I was looking at what I could possibly squeeze out of the 262 (4.3L) that we have sitting in the remains of an old Blazer in our yard. With the Mitsu supercharger that came on the Typhoons, obviously a better seat of heads, pistons, and valves, and a nice fat wallet to go along with that, I'd be looking at more power out of a V6 than any V8 produced in any of the 3rd gens.
All dreams of course, since I don't have the tools nor experience to tackle a job like this.
1991 Camaro RS (Coupe, 3.1L V6, 700R4 auto)
1988 Camaro RS (T-tops, 5.0L V8, 5-speed)
1996 Nissan Altima (2.4L, 5-speed, 33+ MPG)
1987 Jeep Wrangler (4.0L, 5-speed, fully waterproofed interior, 4" lift, 33x12.5R15 Pro Comps)

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:18 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Through an internet search.
I don't believe I'd go sticking an original 427 Corvette engine in a 3rd Gen. You could get more out of the engine by selling it to someone who needs it for their Vette project. The new LS7 would be alright, or even the LSX. Another thing about putting a big block in a 3rd Gen. is the fact that the big block ways more, which would cause the car to be nose heavy. Build a small block, then you can still have good handling. I've often wondered what an L79 327 w/ 350 HP would be like in a 3rd Gen. Camaro.
1991 RS Camaro with a fresh 355 ci Small Block with several mods.

Return to Camaro Non-Tech