• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

Camaro Vs. Mustang

Camaro Discussions (NON-TECHNICAL)

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:37 pm
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: . .
Thats a good link, kinda nice to know they (Ford Boys) know their place...haha.
Realy its just common sense. you have to respect the king, you dont have to like him, just respect him.
Reminds me of the day I brought home my 94Z, my next door neighbor had just bought a (I believe) 2001 Mustang GT 4.6 drop top, nice ride... but anyway his wife saw the Camaro and said "oh good now you and my husband can race" and he told her "I dont know much about Camaros, but I know that Z will whip me" ...I just smiled :headbang: :D
1994 Z28 auto T-Top
1979 Trans Am 400 4-speed

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:30 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Through an internet search.
That's funny!! It must take a special mustang owner to admit when they can't keep up with a Camaro! I went to high school with several 5.slow and 4.6 mustang owners, and I don't believe they have got the memo yet.
1991 RS Camaro with a fresh 355 ci Small Block with several mods.

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:40 am
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
5.slow jk Thats funny! does Ford give the ego with a Mustang purchase, or is it an option? :D
My best friend work at an auto parts store (Pep Boys) back in the day when 5.0 is all you would hear. and everytime a Mustang kid would come in for parts (quite often) and said I have a 5.0 he would always say "What year 305 Camaro do you have" and piss them off. it was so funny!
1994 Z28 auto T-Top

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:21 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Yeah, technically ford's 5.slow isn't even 5.0 liters, there about 4.95 (we learned how to convert cubic inches to liters in high school chemistry). So, I guess ford wanted to round up the number to make there customers feel better. As far as ego goes I think that is standard on all "junkstangs" jk, and that is one of those options that the car is born with and the only way to get rid of it is to crush the car. jk. Ah, the life of a "junkstang" owner jet up, eat a well rounded breakfast of bull crap, and spend the rest of the day dreaming up lies about Camaros & Firebirds. Oh well, this has been a pretty funny topic thus far.

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:50 am
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
Hey I checked out your cardomain page, sweet Camaro :o My first Camaro was a 91 RS, 305 auto, Bright red, t-tops. and I too was hit in the same front corner. I was cut off by a Jetta with a missing bumper cover, and the steel bumper just tore the nose all up. I replaced it and did the Z28 grill like you did,I also did the fog lights, and had the paint shop leave the headlight buckets black.
Not too long after that I had a huge deer run out into the drivers front fender and door...another $1700. I finally traded it in, but I miss it, it was the most comfortable car to drive.
I had a nice picture of the car blown up and have it framed on my wall.
1994 Z28 auto T-Top

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:51 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
I'm thinking of adding the fog lights soon, but I'm not sure how they mount in there. Do you remember how yours mounted? I'd really like to know so I don't screw mine up. Yeah, 3rd Gen. Camaros just feel right. Mine drives excellent, unless you hit ice, then it gets a little hairy. Before I got mine I looked at an '86 Monte Carlo LS, and it was a rag. So, I wound up getting my Camaro and paying the same money for the Camaro as they were asking for the Monte Carlo, and the Camaro needed a lot less work to it.

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:16 am
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
These pics arent the best ( I had to take a pic of the original pic, due to scanner problems) but they appear to be mounted at the bottom, unfortunatly I dont have any closer pics.
The second pic, (right after the Jetta incident) shows thats its mounted on the bumper behind the Z28 grill, sorry I cant remember what I did in more detail. Maybe someone with factory fog lamps can chime in on this.
I do remember buying the factory switch and installing that in the dash, the fog lights were aftermarket, but the same slim size. The factory ones were too pricey.
1994 Z28 auto T-Top

Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:45 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Ain't that the truth about the factory ones being too pricey. Year One was wanting about $100 a piece for the GM ones. I figured I'd get some after market ones that look pretty close to the factory ones, and maybe wire them to come on with the parking lights. Thanks for the help that was a pretty nice Camaro. How do you like the '94 Z/28? I looked at one close to a year ago, but it was going to take more money to make it as nice as mine was before it got hit. So, I wound up fixing mine for about $1,050. I got all of the parts I needed for about $800, then paid about $250 to get the front end repainted.

Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:05 am
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
To tell you the truth, I like the third gen better when it comes to looks, but my 94 is so much more responsive, tighter, and alot quicker than my 91, not to mention it dosent flex as much.
I'd say its just as comforable to drive as my 91. Im just not that excited about the look, I guess it hasnt grown on me yet.
I wasnt looking for one when I bought it, a friend of mine had it in his garage and needed money to fix his work truck, so I took it for a spin and went right to the bank.
It needs alot of work, the interior needs some freshening up, and it could use some paint. Right now its just my daily driver untill I finish the Trans Am.
I had the 91 paid off, I should have kept it. (how may times have I said that?) I plan to keep this one.

You said you might wire the fog lamps to the parking lights? when I first installed mine I was living in Virginia, and I flunked the state inspection because they came on with the high beams? they told me to wire them so they turn off with the high beams, cause in Va. you cant have more than two lights on at on time on the front of your vehicle....... I just took them off, passed inspection, and reinstalled them. they also gave me crap about the Camaro sticker on the windshield, saying it blocked my vision....funny, you cant even see it while in the car, the headliner hides a few inches of the windshield.
Anyhow good luck with yours. Its a sweet car, take care of it!
1994 Z28 auto T-Top

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:03 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean about the emissions people in VA being pains. My cousin and her husband just moved up there, and they have had all kinds of problems with the emissions people. One of there cars wouldn't pass because one of the windows wouldn't go up or down. That's why I'm glad that I'm in TN because here there are no inspections like that, so we can do just about any mods like that we want without any worries.

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:08 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Your right about the 4th Gen. cars being more responsive. That was the first thing I noticed about them. I guess it's because of the suspension being better. I mean the suspension on those cars is way better than the 3rd Gen., but I still like the 3rd Gen. better. Although I may be getting a 4th Gen. V-6 car this summer to move to as my daily driver, so I can keep my '91 in good shape.

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:42 am
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
RSCAMAROGUY91 wrote:
Although I may be getting a 4th Gen. V-6 car this summer to move to as my daily driver, so I can keep my '91 in good shape.

That is what I did, kinda the opposite of what you did. I'm now looking for the right 3rd gen car for me. Is it me, or is it really hard to find a mt 3rd gen for sale. :angry5:

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:20 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
No, solid 3rd Gens. are getting hard to come buy. If you do find one they are asking a price that is way to high for it, or it is completely ragged out (one of the two, if not both). I guess we have Barret-Jackson to thank for this because know people think just because the 1st Gen. Camaros are selling for astronomical figures, then the 3rd Gen. Camaros must be the same way. Just look at some of the adds on ebay. People are saying that the have a "rare" 3rd Gen., and really what they have is a plain Jaine car . Know if you've got a 1LE or something like that then you may have a reason to say it is "rare", but not if you've got a 2.8/3.1 car, then you should take another look at what you are doing.

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:47 am
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
I found a 1992, manual 305 and the current owner was asking 42K for it. I couldn't believe they were dumb enough to ask such a ridiculous price for that car. As far as I could tell, it was bone stock with a new paint job. It wasn't anything fancy it was just black. It wasn't really that glossy either, just black. At this rate I don't think I'm ever going to find the car for me. :crybaby:

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:35 am
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
For that price it better have a winning lottery ticket in the center console. :thumbup:
1994 Z28 auto T-Top

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:01 pm
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
I'm pretty sure my bottom jaw fell off, cause it has never dropped that far ever in my life. jk

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:07 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
When you say 42K, do you mean $42,000? For that price that car had better be gold or platinum plated jk . Those are the people you have to laugh at because they are the idiots who think that just because the 1st Gens. are selling high, then the 3rd Gens. must be selling for the same money. That is over twice what the car costed new. Don't give up though, you'll find one out there. They were a pretty popular car, so I'm sure that there is one out there that you can afford. My advice is to not find one that is in near "perfect" condition, but find one that you can work on and enjoy. Good Luck!!!

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:21 pm
Minimum of 600 Posts
Minimum of 600 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: your mom
On this note, I was at the beach for Spring Break, and the 'stangs and 'maros had respect for each other there, that I noticed. It was a bunch of kids in an early 90's Buick Regal (front wheel drive, tiny) that tried to race me. So I shifted down & passed them doing about 25 over their speed. Then I got a thumbs down from a guy in a Honda Civic, for no reason. I had my windows down, so I complimented him on the largeness of his exhaust, and informed him that it makes up for his small penis.
I do at least have my fun with the stock (motor) 90's civics with body kits on the interstate. They start getting too close and I just drop to drive & keep cruising (er, for them, "racing") along without moving my foot.
1991 Camaro RS (Coupe, 3.1L V6, 700R4 auto)
1988 Camaro RS (T-tops, 5.0L V8, 5-speed)
1996 Nissan Altima (2.4L, 5-speed, 33+ MPG)
1987 Jeep Wrangler (4.0L, 5-speed, fully waterproofed interior, 4" lift, 33x12.5R15 Pro Comps)

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:18 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
That's a rarity, junkstang and Camaro owners getting along. Usually the junkstang owners start trash talking, HMMM? That don't surprise me about the import guys though. I guess they think they need that CRAPPY sounding exhaust to be cool. Why can't they just get the picture that those cars sound like junk with those stupid exhaust systems on them. Now if you've got a V-8 at wide open throttle with a couple of FLOWMASTERS on it then all is well because that actually sounds good.

Previous

Return to Camaro Non-Tech