• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

1988 iroc decal quest

Want to know how many of your car were produced? What were standard equipment with your model? Restoration topics

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:39 am
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: internet search
ive been looking at buying a 1988 iroc and i know that a lot of people try to clone other camaros to look like an iroc :angry4: i know that for the 88 year the iroc-z decal should be at the rear of the door instead of the front but is there any exceptions for this the guy claims the car is all original but the decal is in the wrong spot i decoded the vin and it does come back to a 88 camaro with 350ci engine and the iroc-z label on the ground effect is in the correct spot is there any explation of this other than not an iroc or decal was removed at some time and replaced in wrong location here is the vin just in case someone wants to check it 1G1FP2180JL169806

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:18 am
Minimum of 40 Posts
Minimum of 40 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: I just found it on the net while researching Camaros.
The VIN checks out to it being a 1988 IROC as only the IROC came with the 350 ci engine. There are other things that will verify it as being an IROC or not. Does it have inside the console a listing of all the options on the car? If this decal is still there it should have code B2L listed for sure. It should have a 145 mph speedometer and 16 inch wheels that are specific to only fitting the front or the rear. Hope this helps. As for the decal placement I would guess that the original ones had been removed or the car repainted, and the new decals erroneously placed at the front of the doors as it was for 1985-87 IROC's rather than at the rear as it was beginning with the 1988 model.

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:21 am
** Administrator **
** Administrator **
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: I am the Administrator :-)
Could both of you please add in your Locations to your profiles, thanks very much :)
1992 Camaro Z28. Blue/silver, Custom Blue/Silver Leather seats, Rebuilt Engine, Cammed, Headers, TT ][ Rims ...
NEW http://WWW.CAMAROSOURCE.CA
Over 3,500 Camaro Trims, 1,600+ Photo Spotter's Guide, 2,500+ Std. & Opt. Accessories, 3,000+ Factory Options, Forums, Decoders, Reviews, Classifieds...
3,500+ Camaro Information Database

Return to History / Restoration / Decoding