• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

Japan EXPORT Camaro's?? Please help!

Want to know how many of your car were produced? What were standard equipment with your model? Restoration topics

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:52 am
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: from the internet and from friends
Could someone please give me some info on the JAPAN EXPORT Camaro z28's (specifically a 1996). Does any body have any info on these, how many were produced and exported to Japan. Are they sought after or collectabvle. I know they have different tailights and different front fender marker lights, but what else.. Any info would be greatly appreciated. THANKS

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:06 am
* $1 - $50 *
* $1 - $50 *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Abob visited me in a dream and told me about it.
I would have thought you'd find they were changed to fit in with Japanese road regulations (same as the ones exported to Europe) I am not sure specifically what would have been changed but as the Japs drive on the left, probably headlamps were changed to left dipping, indicator markers would have been changed from using the stoplamps. The euro spec ones had different rear light clusters and they changed the wing mirror shape (the standard ones don't fit in with collision regs for some reason!)
I don't think they are any more desirable than other models - maybe to the UK market. There is a company over here that only imports Japanese Camaro's. Usually low mileage and well looked after.
1994/L Z28 6SPDMAN, K&N CAI, Jet PCHIP. Flowmaster Cat back, 52mm Edelbrock TB, Pacesetter mid-tube headers.

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:07 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Through an internet search.
I didn't know the Camaros got exported to Japan. I guess you learn something new everyday.
1991 RS Camaro with a fresh 355 ci Small Block with several mods.

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:26 am
* $1 - $50 *
* $1 - $50 *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Abob visited me in a dream and told me about it.
They were quite mad for them at one point - there are quite a few over there!
1994/L Z28 6SPDMAN, K&N CAI, Jet PCHIP. Flowmaster Cat back, 52mm Edelbrock TB, Pacesetter mid-tube headers.

Return to History / Restoration / Decoding