• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

Crossmember Removal

This site is for you, what would you like to see? Have comments on the site? Tell us!

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:50 pm
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Browsing
OK guys i need some help here any advice will be greatly appreciated.
I have a 99 Camaro SS it was in a small accident from what I understand it hit a fire hydrant with the driver side front corner.
The whole front diver side wheel assembly had to be replaced (Upper & lower control arms shock and struts, sway bar and rack and pinion, wheel and tire), while driving the car it tends to pull to the left if I let the steering wheel loose.
I noticed that the front left side wheel is about 2 inches more inside the fender than the right front one. the reason for this is because when they fixed and changed everything from the left side they never changed or straightened or inspected the crossmember which looks like from where the lower control arm attaches to it on the back side is a little bit bent.
so my question is; can the crossmember be removed and replaced without removing the engine? Has anyone done anything like that?

Please advice.

Thanks
L.E.A.

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:03 am
Minimum of 2000 Posts
Minimum of 2000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Roj told me. He is my hero. One day, im gonna grow up and be just like him, You'll see.
Yeah you can drop the K member out. you can get a couple different packages from http://www.spohn.net/shop/1982-1992-GM- ... K-Members/

Return to Site Suggestions / Comments