• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

Well we knew about a new Camaro...

Discuss the 5th gen (Will there be?), spy photo's, rumors, etc

Moderator: Moderators

What do you think about the Chevelle

what the heck? ?? a wagon
22%
5th gen Camaro way hotter
44%
Sweet LS7!!
11%
I want one
22%

Total votes : 9

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:20 pm
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
But I didn't see this coming...

http://chevelle.candgunderground.com/home.htm

It's a new Chevelle

And check out all the types it's coming in...including a wagon? I don't know about that or the El Camino style but the coupe looks pretty good and it says its going to have a 475 horse version of the LS7 in there. This may answer questions about engines in the new 5th gen Camaro thats why I posted it in this forum.
1986 Blue sport coupe 5.0 A4

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:41 pm
* $151 - $200 *
* $151 - $200 *
Doesn't surprise me, that gm wants to come up with something to compete with chrysler's charger/hemi lineup, that is respectably quick for the money. Simply based on comparison of past models, I would take the sedan version. The el camino was bought out by the latin world and the ssr has been totally unpopular. Same with the pontiac gto, hasn't sold for crap because lame styling looks like grand prix/grand ams. The sedan version, if rwd, could turn out like the impala ss of the 90's. They now sell for as much as when they sold for new sticker price.

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:53 pm
Minimum of 2000 Posts
Minimum of 2000 Posts
read the line at the bottom...the part that says it has NOTHING to do with GM :roll:

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:38 pm
** Administrator **
** Administrator **
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: I am the Administrator :-)
It's not official :)
1992 Camaro Z28. Blue/silver, Custom Blue/Silver Leather seats, Rebuilt Engine, Cammed, Headers, TT ][ Rims ...
NEW http://WWW.CAMAROSOURCE.CA
Over 3,500 Camaro Trims, 1,600+ Photo Spotter's Guide, 2,500+ Std. & Opt. Accessories, 3,000+ Factory Options, Forums, Decoders, Reviews, Classifieds...
3,500+ Camaro Information Database

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:48 pm
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
Yeah I know its not official but I heard it twice last week and then found this today. Besides it seemed half way reputable its not complete garbage. We'll just wait and see. Besides remember when they started talking about a new Camaro last winter and 90% of people thought it was BS. Then Jan came around and look what happened. Maybe this Januaary we'll see something more concrete.

Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:58 am
* Moderator *
* Moderator *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Paul lodge
i dont like it
'74 454 .030 Over 4.250 Stroke 489, SRP Forged 0.030 Flat Tops, Crane Z Blower .632/.632 244/256 Cam, Weiand 871 Roots Blower, 2 x 800cfm Barry Grant Speed Demon Carb, Procomp 320cc Heads Race Package, CSR Electric Water Pump, TH400 FUll Manual Reverse Valve Body Sportsman Trans Brake 3000 Stall, 9" Rearend 31 Spline 3.70 Gears.

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:04 am
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Boobs
Those pictures are based off of the GM Australian Holden Commodore which will be making it's entrance into the American market but either rebadged as a GTO, Impala or Monte Carlo or even Malibu, Check this months issue of Road & Track mag page 18 and you ll see pictures similar to those car's , There is also a Magazine out this month that has 2009 model cars in it and you might see some more
But just so you know the Holden Commadore is a 405hp LS-2 car thats only sold in Australia but it is basically a dominate 4 door car over there that many u.s fans have been begging for it to come to the u.s market..

Also another note the El Camino thingy shown on that site is also a real car
It is another Holden Car in Australia called the UTE which also has a LS-2 in it..
And rumor has it you might actually see that in the next few years over here but dubbed as the El Camino ..
That car also has many U.s. fans over here it was originally going to be used as the 1st SSR truck but Gm decided to go all retro
Last edited by ins0mnia24 on Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:29 am
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Boobs
Here this is the Holden UTE
http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/act ... elid=15002

The next Commodore
http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/jsp ... eframe.jsp

This is the Holden Commodore
http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/act ... ehicleid=4

Those 2 are Holdens biggest selling car's, but the market and demand over sea's pretty much leveled off , So Gm is trying to help them out by bringing them here so that Holden can keep building cars, And there is alot of people that want them or showed interest in them already...

If you check streetfire.net there is a few spy videos of the Gm engineer's driving them around on the streets of Michigan
They also have a LS-2 AWD Version in one the streetfire videos where they driver completely leaves the spy photographers in the dust with them not even being able to catch up...

I think it is about time GM started to bring Holden Cars over to the U.S. their build & design quality is way better than anything built over here and Holden is able to do it at an affordable price.

What about all the rumors of a V-6 Corvette showing up at next years car shows supossedly to be Chevy's version of the Pontiac Soltice/ Saturn Sky
http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/gossip/com ... 207918.php
Last edited by ins0mnia24 on Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:19 am
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
NO they should definetly not make a v6 corvette...I'd be so disappointed in GM :evil:

Return to 5th Gen / Future