• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

What if GM goes BK?

Discuss the 5th gen (Will there be?), spy photo's, rumors, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:58 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Through an internet search.
Now calm down, before you get too mad. I feel the same way about the big profits the oil companies are making. I've got an accounting teacher, who is under the inpresion that their profits are before expences, taxes, etc... When I heard her say that I almost blew a fuse. I thought even then, they would still be making billions. I'm interested to see what the figures will be from the recent "rip-off" at almost $5 a gallon (U.S.). It's just a big rip of the public, but nobody in Washington wants to do anything about it. Oh well, gas is "cheap" again. Just yesterday I say it for $1.79 a gallon. I haven't seen that price since I was a senior in high school.
1991 RS Camaro with a fresh 355 ci Small Block with several mods.

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:40 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Online search
When I was a senior in H.S. gas was $0.72 a gallon. Those were the days. I could drive my Chevy truck all weekend for about $8.00. That included the mud riding and boiling the tires off of it. I think we got off topic somewhere. :mrgreen:
Simpleman'Z 28
Moroso CAI,Relocated AIT,TB bypass,Custom pcm tune,OE Zo6 Wheels,Falken FK452 tires, Hooker Competition cat-back exhaust, more mods coming.

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:55 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Who knows we may see those days again if things keep going the way they are. A town about an hour from my house has gas for $1.50 a gallon. So, I guess things are looking up from that aspect. But seriously the whole Big 3 deal could be huge if even one of them doesn't make it.

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:45 am
Minimum of 600 Posts
Minimum of 600 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: your mom
RSCAMAROGUY91 wrote:
Who knows we may see those days again if things keep going the way they are. A town about an hour from my house has gas for $1.50 a gallon. So, I guess things are looking up from that aspect. But seriously the whole Big 3 deal could be huge if even one of them doesn't make it.

Well the $1.50 a gallon just speaks of how bad the economy really is...
1991 Camaro RS (Coupe, 3.1L V6, 700R4 auto)
1988 Camaro RS (T-tops, 5.0L V8, 5-speed)
1996 Nissan Altima (2.4L, 5-speed, 33+ MPG)
1987 Jeep Wrangler (4.0L, 5-speed, fully waterproofed interior, 4" lift, 33x12.5R15 Pro Comps)

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:55 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Yeah, if things keep going the way they are we'll be complaining about gas being $1.50 a gallon, rather than $3.50 a gallon. Oh well, I guess we need to enjoy the good and the bad. I just hope that things start turning around.

Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:02 am
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: google
RSCAMAROGUY91 wrote:
Yeah, if things keep going the way they are we'll be complaining about gas being $1.50 a gallon, rather than $3.50 a gallon. Oh well, I guess we need to enjoy the good and the bad. I just hope that things start turning around.

Not to get off topic, but you think Kiffin will be the next HC at UT? As a Gator fan, I think he'll bring you guys up to speed the fastest.

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:53 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
jax_camaro_guy wrote:
RSCAMAROGUY91 wrote:

Not to get off topic, but you think Kiffin will be the next HC at UT? As a Gator fan, I think he'll bring you guys up to speed the fastest.

I don't care to get off topic about UT football. Yeah, he is going to be the next head coach here at UT. As a matter of fact they held the press release about 45 minutes ago here on campus. I not really sure how it's going to work out. I mean he went 5 and 15 at Oakland, but I also here he has really good recruiting, so I'm not sure. I really hate the way they did Fulmer, I mean he has done so much here at UT, it's just hard to see him take the fall for something that was sort of out of his control. I mean our offensive struggle strated when they hired Dave Clausen. One thing about this whole coaching change that I totally disagree with is John Chavis not being the defensive coach any more. His defense is the main reason why we were still half way in some of those games, but oh well. As long as they make us students keep paying to go to the games, I probably won't be going to many.

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:45 pm
Minimum of 600 Posts
Minimum of 600 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: your mom
I'm kind of glad you guys snatched up Kiffin. I have been supporting Dabo since he took over for Tommy Bowden before the GT game. He proved he could rebuild a team, make that team bowl eligible, and most importantly he proved that Clemson still owns South Carolina, with or without the "Ol' Ball Coach" at the helm. Word has it that our AD met with Dabo all day yesterday to discuss a contract. Our fingers are crossed and we're hoping they can drop "interim" from his title.

Oh, and to keep it on topic, I will state that if GM goes bankrupt, I will still be a Clemson fan :lol:

Actually, here's a question for everyone. Pontiac sounds like it is going to be phased out eventually. Every week, college football fans across the U.S. vote between 4 plays from different schools to choose the one that most changes the outcome of a game, the winning one being the "Pontiac Game-Changing Performance." Since 2004 (which looks like the earliest this has existed, what was called the "Pontiac High Performance Moment") they've had the Pontiac-sponsored game changing play, with the first time I remember it being the 2006 season - specifically, Clemson's Gaines Adams scooping up a punt against Wake Forest and running it back for a touchdown at the start of the 4th quarter when Wake was ahead 17-3; the momentum change led Clemson to score 24 unanswered points in 15 minutes to win 27-17.

Okay, back to what I was saying...what do you think they'll call the Pontiac Game Changing Performance if Pontiac is phased out? It's kind of hard to imagine it by another name, since I've known it by that for so long.
1991 Camaro RS (Coupe, 3.1L V6, 700R4 auto)
1988 Camaro RS (T-tops, 5.0L V8, 5-speed)
1996 Nissan Altima (2.4L, 5-speed, 33+ MPG)
1987 Jeep Wrangler (4.0L, 5-speed, fully waterproofed interior, 4" lift, 33x12.5R15 Pro Comps)

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:13 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Good Question?

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:02 pm
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Boobs
GM's plan anounced today

GM said it would take significant steps by 2012 to restructure, including the reduction of 20,000 to 30,000 workers, the cutting of nine plants and the slashing of 1,750 dealer locations.
It would focus future efforts on four core brands - Chevrolet, GMC, Buick and Cadillac.
Henderson said the company was conducting an "expedited and strategic review" of its Saab brand and was discussing options with dealers about the future of Saturn.

What you are going to end up seeing is no Rebadges except for probably Chevy and GMC trucks..
And way fewer models for sale..

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:00 pm
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Google.ca
Saab? Who the f4ck cares about SAAB!? GM can drop that and stomp on it for all I care. Chevrolet is the backbone of GM. Cadillac is the makeup and Buick is like...the wrinkles and pruned skin!! LOL Nah ayways. Whatever we gotta do to recover... B3 have gotta smarten up and put expenses where they are needed.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/802958

Swift ViSSion; Camarosource.ca Visual Department

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:40 pm
Minimum of 80 Posts
Minimum of 80 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: i'v never heard of it...
im suprised it will be the end of pontiac but i guess there decision makes sense and im just glad that they are stepping up to the plate and actually doing something about the situation and not just sitting there hopeing for the bailout....

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:13 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Yeah, they could even drop GMC too. Why would they need to truck lines? All the new GMCs are is just a Chevy with more luxurious options, that would leave them with only 3 brands. I also can't see the point in them wanting to save Saab. That is a waste of time. Those cars may sell good in other countries, but I have never seen one of those cars that I liked. I am however a bit confused about the Pontiac cut. I figured they would cut Buick before Pontiac. I just hope they can get everything worked out.

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:46 pm
Minimum of 80 Posts
Minimum of 80 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: i'v never heard of it...
alot of people like saabs, mostly because they are very safe.

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:37 pm
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: saw it on google
to be honest since i havnt said anything about this yet....i really dont care if the big three go down...its their fault...like keeping models they loose money on...and lower standards then most the rest of the world...the reason i believe they failed is a couple things
1 they lose alot of money on international market because our standards are low most other countries have a atleast a 43 mpg
2 is the fact that while there was a good time to make alot of money and the crushed the production line...some of you probably know what im talking about..the EV1...they were sold mostly in cali but they had alot of potential and people actually wanted them...they were actually offered 1.9 mill for like 50 or 70 of em and they declined the offer and crushed them all...
3 is our standards our lower then the rest of the world take honda for example they run pretty well and have a worldwide market and you dont hear about them needing a billion dollar bailout
this is just my two cents...but if you ask me its their fault
88 camaro iroc z TBI 350-auto
85 trans am- parts car 350-auto
85 trans am- 355 sbc, wc t5...damn near everything new...
97 k2500 350 vortec 5 speed

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:30 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
It's not just their fault. It is every hard working American/Canadians citizens fault also. We all stood back and allowed all of these big corporations and the Government get away with the crap they have been doing, instead of standing up to them and demanding they do more to stop the corruption. This all links back to one common problem in our Countries and big business (GREED). We all need to ban together and in one voice tell this Country what we will and will not tolerate anymore. Then hopefully we can make this Country what it used to be. A Country for the people, of the people and by the people. We have been silent for too long. GOD BLESS AMERICA! Alright my self check is done now, how about everyone elses.
Simpleman'Z 28
Moroso CAI,Relocated AIT,TB bypass,Custom pcm tune,OE Zo6 Wheels,Falken FK452 tires, Hooker Competition cat-back exhaust, more mods coming.

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:59 pm
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: saw it on google
agreed with simpleman( i forgot the part about the consumers in my little rant) i also think if the governtment gives them a bailout they need make it so the only way they will get the money is if they start the EV models again...and actually support them this time and sell sell sell them
88 camaro iroc z TBI 350-auto
85 trans am- parts car 350-auto
85 trans am- 355 sbc, wc t5...damn near everything new...
97 k2500 350 vortec 5 speed

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:06 am
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Well according to the latest stat's Gm still hold's 30-37% of the car buying market in the U.S. which is still more than any of the other's so it isnt like they arent selling,
They have 4-5 cars in the Top 10 selling and 2 in the top 5..
So it isnt like they have a horrible product that isnt selling..

The problem is their U.S. products arent any where near as good or as effecient as what they have to offer in the rest of the world..
They have cars in the U.K. that blow away most Imports in the MPG area..
But the U.S. has the most strict crash standards than any other counrty in the world " After all we can't have people getting hurt while driving and texting, talking on the cell, Eating, watching t.v. while driving,paying more attention to the GPS than the road, and driving under the influence, It is funny how it all come back to our selves"

So the EPA & Department of Transportation will not allow them to sell them here..

The Government started F'n us when they realized that " WE THE PEOPLE" were becoming so Self Centered & Selfish while Dicking others over for private gain..
Not caring or paying attention to what they were doing because we were doing oh so great for a little while not thinking of long term..
So they started F'n us while were werent even paying attention..

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:16 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
ins0mnia24 wrote:
Well according to the latest stat's Gm still hold's 30-37% of the car buying market in the U.S. which is still more than any of the other's so it isnt like they arent selling,
They have 4-5 cars in the Top 10 selling and 2 in the top 5..
So it isnt like they have a horrible product that isnt selling..

The problem is their U.S. products arent any where near as good or as effecient as what they have to offer in the rest of the world..
They have cars in the U.K. that blow away most Imports in the MPG area..
But the U.S. has the most strict crash standards than any other counrty in the world " After all we can't have people getting hurt while driving and texting, talking on the cell, Eating, watching t.v. while driving,paying more attention to the GPS than the road, and driving under the influence, It is funny how it all come back to our selves"

So the EPA & Department of Transportation will not allow them to sell them here..

The Government started F'n us when they realized that " WE THE PEOPLE" were becoming so Self Centered & Selfish while Dicking others over for private gain..
Not caring or paying attention to what they were doing because we were doing oh so great for a little while not thinking of long term..
So they started F'n us while were werent even paying attention..

:hello1:
Simpleman'Z 28

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:00 am
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
You guys hear anything about GM being in such bad shape that they are auctioning and sellling off their entire collection of GM museum, collector cars, one off cars, 1st last production cars ect,ect on Barret Jackson???

PreviousNext

Return to 5th Gen / Future