• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

[FIRST LOOK] - 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Body Die Revealed

Discuss the 5th gen (Will there be?), spy photo's, rumors, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:15 pm
** Administrator **
** Administrator **
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: I am the Administrator :-)
With a purported debut date at this year's New York Auto Show in April, the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro has been a recurring subject on forums all over the world. After a gentlemen spent three days near a pre-production prototype of the sixth generation 'Maro and somebody listed a 2016 Camaro headlight on eBay, look what the cat dragged in – the body die.

Apparently, a gentleman uploaded the photo above on Facebook with the message "I'll sell ya an entire 2016 Camaro body side if ya want since I built the die.." and forum member GM ACE uploaded it on Camaro6. Well, we are sure thankful for the visual delight, but someone might get in trouble for exposing the new generation before GM unveils it in April or later.

Comparing what the body shell die shows us to our extensive coverage of 2016 Chevy Camaro spy photographs, renderings and miscellaneous intel like the 3,695 lbs (1,676 kg) weight estimate of the SS, it's easy to see that this is the real deal, not a side body panel of the fifth generation of the iconic muscle car.

It is the first time we can have a proper look at the rear quarter window, rear fender and shoulder line, as well as the roofline and door shape. I especially dig the tapered angle of the roofline, flowing towards the rear of the vehicle, as well as the smaller rear quarter window and the bulging rear fender. On the real thing, these aesthetic will add up to a wider, more aggressively styled car than every other Camaro generation.

Furthermore, the crease above the wheel arch is gone, together with the side gills, while the distance between the upper character line and the quarter window has been slightly modified as well together with the radius. I know that opinions are biased, but I believe that what designers did with the 2016 MY is miles better than what we were given with the current model.

As a brief reminder, the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro rides on the GM Alpha platform and will be propelled by three engines at first: an entry-level 2.0-liter twin-turbo four-banger, an uprated mid-range V6 and an LT1 small-block V8 blunderbuss lifted from the Corvette Stingray. At least one version of the new generation will have trick magnetorheological suspension, while the 8L90 eight-speed automatic is also in the cards.

Source: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2016- ... 92297.html
1992 Camaro Z28. Blue/silver, Custom Blue/Silver Leather seats, Rebuilt Engine, Cammed, Headers, TT ][ Rims ...
NEW http://WWW.CAMAROSOURCE.CA
Over 3,500 Camaro Trims, 1,600+ Photo Spotter's Guide, 2,500+ Std. & Opt. Accessories, 3,000+ Factory Options, Forums, Decoders, Reviews, Classifieds...
3,500+ Camaro Information Database

Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:44 pm
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Boobs
There is headlight pictures out there too.. 8)

Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:11 pm
** Administrator **
** Administrator **
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: I am the Administrator :-)
ins0mnia24 wrote:
There is headlight pictures out there too.. 8)

Yep, I already posted them ;-)
1992 Camaro Z28. Blue/silver, Custom Blue/Silver Leather seats, Rebuilt Engine, Cammed, Headers, TT ][ Rims ...
NEW http://WWW.CAMAROSOURCE.CA
Over 3,500 Camaro Trims, 1,600+ Photo Spotter's Guide, 2,500+ Std. & Opt. Accessories, 3,000+ Factory Options, Forums, Decoders, Reviews, Classifieds...
3,500+ Camaro Information Database

Return to 5th Gen / Future