• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

**ABOUT THE NEW CAMARO SPYSHOTS**

Discuss the 5th gen (Will there be?), spy photo's, rumors, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:45 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Darn and I missed them.

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:26 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
This is what I`ve heard so far... the tac and speedo should be round not round in a square dash,the front upper grill looks cheap,and the side vents look like a mustang.But I heard that it has independent rear end which is a good thing.

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:26 pm
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Google.ca
yeah, according to the spyshots, it does
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/802958

Swift ViSSion; Camarosource.ca Visual Department

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:01 pm
** Administrator **
** Administrator **
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: I am the Administrator :-)
johnnyrocket1735 wrote:
no need to be sorry mate who else is gonna tell settlemire whats up

who cares what gm thinks of let them continue to make crappy cars while everybody watches them crumble

Who cares? You may not, However *I* am the one who have put in a LOT of work to support the Camaro and offer information on Their Vehicle. I am been trying to get Scott to head over here and become a part of the website to help others out (from the source himself) as a benefit for the website and it's members. However I don't see this happening any time soon as he would surely just be harrasest and bad mouthed!

People are disagreeing with what is going on.. That's fine.. Not everyone agree's with everything. And plus we DO NOT KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IS HAPPENING HIDDEN BEHIND THE DOORS AT GM. We are all basing out opinions (some rather hurtful) to the SECRET being held to us, NO not just us, BUT THE COMPETITION.

We can SPECULATE what is happening but you cannot tell Scott, or anyone else who has spent years helping US out and has tried to be there to offer his support with the Camaro for MANY YEARS.

Perhaps the Camaro will NEVER COME OUT! We will NOT know until the OFFICIAL word is out. Not because it's secret, not because there are rumors of it not coming out.. when it's OFFICIAL from GM, that is then you can talk. But until then, opinions are fine. But HURFUL, THREATENING ABUSE (calling Scott or anyone else at GM an butt) is NOT TO BE TOLERATED HERE.
Last edited by camarosource on Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1992 Camaro Z28. Blue/silver, Custom Blue/Silver Leather seats, Rebuilt Engine, Cammed, Headers, TT ][ Rims ...
NEW http://WWW.CAMAROSOURCE.CA
Over 3,500 Camaro Trims, 1,600+ Photo Spotter's Guide, 2,500+ Std. & Opt. Accessories, 3,000+ Factory Options, Forums, Decoders, Reviews, Classifieds...
3,500+ Camaro Information Database

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:06 pm
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
"But HURFUL, THREATENING ABUSE (calling Scott or anyone else at GM and butt)"

oh MAN that made me chuckle!! " calling them an butt" sorry! :lol:
I'll stay out of this now

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:17 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts

We can SPECULATE what is happening but you cannot tell Scott, or anyone else who has spent years helping US out and has tried to be there to offer his support with the Camaro for MANY YEARS.

yeah helping out us alright he killed the camaro and is know cutting 35000 jobs all he cares about is how much is in his pockets you dont see the top gm officials taking paycuts
1983 Z28 Camaro Drive it like you stole it

ricers blow

http://www.smokinchevy.com -captaincamaro,
its a great place to hang and talk shop with good friends

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:26 pm
** Administrator **
** Administrator **
Was it ever announced Offically HE (SCOTT SETTLEMIRE) was the only person who "KILLED" the Camaro? No.

It has been announced officially the lack of business and money loss over the last few years. I HIGHLY DOUBT GM sat down and said "Let's close down XX plant and 35,000 employees just for the heck of it.

Again, this is SPECULATION. We do not know EXACTLY why they were forced to take this route. Wrong in our eyes, yes. But we don't know the whole story and likely they were forced to take this route to keep the business profitable.
1992 Camaro Z28. Blue/silver, Custom Blue/Silver Leather seats, Rebuilt Engine, Cammed, Headers, TT ][ Rims ...
Over 3,500 Camaro Trims, 1,600+ Photo Spotter's Guide, 2,500+ Std. & Opt. Accessories, 3,000+ Factory Options, Forums, Decoders, Reviews, Classifieds...

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:28 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
keeping the business profitable is all they care about

they dont care about the guy thats going to bed tonight worrying how hes gonna feed his kids

GM needs all new officials
1983 Z28 Camaro Drive it like you stole it

ricers blow

http://www.smokinchevy.com -captaincamaro,
its a great place to hang and talk shop with good friends

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:29 pm
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Everyone knows why the F-body was eliminated

The market moved away from sports cars and into trucks are small cars. GM had to make cars for this market, and phase out of a dying market.
They kept the 'vette because they need a super car

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:49 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
It also died becasue of the amount of money they were putting into it. The car was not profittable.
2002 3.8 M5 T-Tops

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:58 pm
Minimum of 800 Posts
Minimum of 800 Posts
johnnyrocket1735 wrote:
keeping the business profitable is all they care about

they dont care about the guy thats going to bed tonight worrying how hes gonna feed his kids

GM needs all new officials

You also don't see the other side of the story. You have to make sacrifices in business. It's either lose those 35000 employees and continue to keep business profitable OR keep the 35000 employees, don't make a profit then they go under and EVERYONE loses their job. I know it sucks, but there have to be give and takes.
1995 Z28: stock with Bose sound system

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:07 pm
** Administrator **
** Administrator **
Exactly Josh

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:38 am
* Moderator *
* Moderator *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Surfing
camaro1093ac wrote:
But I heard that it has independent rear end which is a good thing.

I heard the same, and if it is, it's a shame. An independent rear end may offer a very slight handling advantage (today solid rear axles are not like the past), but if your a performance nut (like a lot of us) they are extremely hard to modify especially for big power. For the ultimate in muscle car performance on the 1/4 mile strip or light to light on the street, a solid rear end is the way to go. Even Ford listened to the racers when they designed the new Mustang . . .

"Ford chose to stick with a live-axle setup because the racing set prefers it for truly outrageous amounts of power. "We talked to a lot of Mustang owners as we were developing this program," said Hau Thai-Tang, chief engineer. "They are a very passionate group, and a lot of them told us - very strongly - that the all-new Mustang had to have a solid rear axle." And yet, because of the ultra-stiff body shell and a rethought rear end with a three-link live axle and a Panhard rod, the Mustang's suspension doesn't behave much like the live axles of old. Like the new Pontiac GTO, the Mustang stays pretty much nailed to the road in those same rough corners."

I guess GM listens to a different crowd. :( But as stated above, let's wait and see.
1989 Iroc-Z, 305 TPI, 5 spd, 3.08 diff My Car Domain Website

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:27 am
Minimum of 600 Posts
Minimum of 600 Posts
Old Skool Soldier wrote:
Everyone knows why the F-body was eliminated

The market moved away from sports cars and into trucks are small cars. GM had to make cars for this market, and phase out of a dying market.
They kept the 'vette because they need a super car
Actually , not true.Here's the skinny :
GM signed a deal with the Canadian gov't for the F-bodies to be built at the St.Therese plant exclusively for some huge tax breaks. They could not build the Camaro or Firebird anywhere else as long as the plant was standing. If they did , GM would have pay a lot of money to the Canadian gov't in back taxes. In essence , they gave the Camaro and Firebird nameplate away. Roll forward a bit , GM figured out it was not gonna to be profitable to continue producing the cars there. So they discontinued the cars. Now , the plant was dismantled last year and the property was sold. Suddenly the Camaro nameplate pops up again. Poor sales was the official reason yet the Camaro sales were vastly higher than the '04 GTO sales figures. And what CS says is true , Settlemire had absolutely nothing to do with the Camaro's demise, it was corporate greed and short term thinking.

The sad fact is GM management has brought GM to it's current state. Sure they increased sales figures by offering rebates , incentives , etc. but it helped in the immediate time but has hurt them in the long run. Consumers expect a "deal" from GM now and either wait to purchase or purchase another product. The Japanese have offered virtually no sales incentives yet are enjoying strong sales and consistent profits. The US manufacturers have pretty much shot themselves in the foot.

I gave Scott a hard time about the pics because they could be just what GM needed to cause consumer excitement and maybe keep buyers from purchasing other brands. GM and him acted like the websites were thieves and criminals to a point. Then they turned around and let seemingly "favored " websites put them up until the other sites started asking why. The pics were mysteriously sent right before the NAIAS . I personally think this whole was a publicity stunt and the sites were played like fiddles. Pictures of the Dodge Challenger were leaked and nary a peep was heard from Chrysler. Hmmmmm. GM has frustrated a lot of people with the "Maybe we'll build it , maybe we won't" attitude. And there are other reasons ,too.

Seems like GM brass has a habit of seeing a hot trend of car sales and waits about three years or so to release something competitive . By then , the hot trend isn't hot anymore. One of the best moves they was getting rid of Bob Lutz as Manager of Noth American operations. He contradicted himself several times. Example: He spoke about how the retro trend was something GM wasn't going to do . The 2005 Chevrolet HHR was produced very shortly after that . How much more retro can you get? And , this is a vehicle that was a blatant rip-off of the Chrysler PT Cruiser which was a hot trend back in 2002 ! GM has made some poor choices like trying to stick SS badges on everything and completely out -of touch vehicles like the SSR .

The best thing the US automakers could do for themselves is to revive the musclecar era . The Japanese can't touch that market. Settlemire stated the coupe market wasn't a good venue but yet look at the Mustang sales. Ford can't make enough of them and it's helping them stay afloat to a point. Ford and GM both put so much effort into the SUV market and it has burned them. They can't hardly give them away anymore. They need management with vision and innovative ,cutting edge products.Yet they continue to bury their heads in the sand. I could go on and on but I think you get the general idea.
'89 Camaro RS convertible with a LS1/T56 twist
'01 Pontiac NBM Trans Am
Your friendly 3rd gen nutcase director at http://www.ls1tech.com
owner of http://www.clubhioctane.com
http://www.fquick.com/badjuju342

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:34 am
Minimum of 600 Posts
Minimum of 600 Posts
One other thing I forgot to mention: GM also penned a deal with the CAW concerning certain rights to the Camaro /Firebird nameplates pretty much also giving them full control of where and whether the cars were built. Some say 2007 was the cut-off year for this agreement, it's not clear if that is true or not.
'89 Camaro RS convertible with a LS1/T56 twist
'01 Pontiac NBM Trans Am
Your friendly 3rd gen nutcase director at http://www.ls1tech.com
owner of http://www.clubhioctane.com
http://www.fquick.com/badjuju342

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:20 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
The new GTO also has independent rear suspension so it looks like the camaro is being built on the platform.

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:04 pm
Minimum of 800 Posts
Minimum of 800 Posts
Mike you have hit the nail on the head on how everyone feels. It can't be said any better. I think there was a hint of Settlemire understanding what you were saying in his posts, but he also had a strong point that went against what you said.

I do believe that the muscle car era is trying to revive again. You have the Japanese "sports" cars coming onto the market and GM introducing the Aveon. The Japanese "sports" cars are selling yet GM has no mid range priced product to compete.
1995 Z28: stock with Bose sound system

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:57 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
I just don't understand why gm would not bring back the camaro. They have nothing that really competes against the mustang, and they have no lower priced sports car thats not a cobalt, or fwd. I just hope that bringing the camaro back is a reality and is financially feasable in the near future.

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:09 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
GM does have something that blows Mustangs away,its the new GTO and if they don`t sell well then you will not see a new Camaro around.Thats my take on it anyway.Why make another car that nobody is going to buy,if the GTO`s were selling like hot cakes you would see a camaro in a heart beat.

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:19 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
camaro1093ac wrote:
Why make another car that nobody is going to buy,if the GTO`s were selling like hot cakes you would see a camaro in a heart beat.

I'm confused. I would think that if the GTO was not selling we would for sure see a new Camaro. :?
2002 3.8 M5 T-Tops

PreviousNext

Return to 5th Gen / Future