• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

GTO is NOT dead, Firebird is.

Discuss the 5th gen (Will there be?), spy photo's, rumors, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:12 am
Minimum of 600 Posts
Minimum of 600 Posts
Hot off of the press:
http://autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic ... 02001/1039

the Firebird is dead but this might be good . Having more unique cars in the GM lineup instead of "cookie cutters" would be better I think.
'89 Camaro RS convertible with a LS1/T56 twist
'01 Pontiac NBM Trans Am
Your friendly 3rd gen nutcase director at http://www.ls1tech.com
owner of http://www.clubhioctane.com
http://www.fquick.com/badjuju342

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:39 pm
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Google.ca
"Besides Camaro and GTO, other models set to be based on the Zeta platform are upcoming replacements for the Chevrolet Impala and Monte Carlo, and a new car called the Buick Statesman, according to Lutz."

This is terrible. This will make the Camaro a generic platform :roll:
We'll be able to welcome the GTO as an F-Body, along with the Impala and Montecarlo..all F-bodies...stupid..
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/802958

Swift ViSSion; Camarosource.ca Visual Department

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:48 pm
Minimum of 2000 Posts
Minimum of 2000 Posts
none of them are "fbodies" anymore. camaro will still be referred to as one but it isnt. its IRS and all kinds of stuff that fbodies arnt. theyre all zetas now, its just a platform who cares as long as we get it.

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:49 pm
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Google.ca
who cares? This makes the new camaro seem like a joke now. A Generic rwd platform, hosting our legancy on it. Shameful

-OSS
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/802958

Swift ViSSion; Camarosource.ca Visual Department

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:19 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Old Skool Soldier wrote:
who cares? This makes the new camaro seem like a joke now. A Generic rwd platform, hosting our legancy on it. Shameful

-OSS

ITS A CAMARO thats why you buy it, the legacy is what makes them such great cars
1983 Z28 Camaro Drive it like you stole it

ricers blow

http://www.smokinchevy.com -captaincamaro,
its a great place to hang and talk shop with good friends

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:10 pm
* Moderator *
* Moderator *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Surfing
If they brought back the Iroc, would that make it the . . .

IrocZeta? :lol:

Oh well, on one hand it would be nice if the Camaro would have it's own platform, but it would cost $$$ to design that and then the Camaro would cost us more $$$.
Plus a common platform will make finding some parts in the future easier.
1989 Iroc-Z, 305 TPI, 5 spd, 3.08 diff My Car Domain Website

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:55 pm
Minimum of 2000 Posts
Minimum of 2000 Posts
not to mention a better aftermarket

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:18 am
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
The way I see it, the 5th gen Camaro's will be more like Ford Mustangs in many aspects. First off, 4 of your 5 neighbors have one because they are cheap (largely thanks to Zeta). Second, it won't be much beast (once again thanks to Zeta). I'm sure it'll have good handeling, but not sports-car handeling. Zeta isn't THAT flexible, right? It'll be like an Impala or Monte Carlo with a different shell, on steroids (if you have the V8 version). We'll have a whole new gen of Camaro fans, liking the Camaro for different reasons that we do. But don't get me wrong, some of us here will ALWAYS be Camaro fans (me not one of them; Chevy has to make the Camaro a great sports car, not just a money-making market scheme. I'm not a big enough Chevy fan to stay loyal if the Camaro goes downhill. It'll be strictly Dodge for me).

Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:06 am
Minimum of 20 Posts
Minimum of 20 Posts
I see Chevy using the Zeta becuase it's truly affordable, an I'll buy one because I want another Camaro. But, I think they really need to support the aftermarket with licensing and specs on many parts for consumer upgrades. Then we can have supporters like the Mustang has with Steeda and Roush. That's another aspect that will make the Camaro not only competitive but long lasting with consummers, an that seems to be what GM really wants right now.
Free Image Hosting [xs.to]
'87 Berlinetta T-tops, auto.
There's nothing wrong with crossing that line a little bit, it's jumping over it buck naked that will probably get you in trouble...

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:24 pm
Minimum of 200 Posts
Minimum of 200 Posts
So technically it's going to be a Z-body??? :roll: I'm not that excited about the cheap waay of doing things.... marketing scheme basically
'00 Camaro z28, LS1, 6-speed, T-tops, alpine deck, Hurst short throw shifter.... more mods to come.....

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:11 pm
Minimum of 20 Posts
Minimum of 20 Posts
Technically it will be a Z-body, but do you have to have an F-body to have a new Camaro? As long as they've continued to embody the essence of what a Camaro not only is to the Muscle car scene and life but, also what it is to the driver as well. I want one. But, I will definatly test drive it before I buy one. Now, having owned one in the past, if I don't feel that I'm driving a Camaro then i wont buy one and I'll tell anyone who wants to know exactly why. Till then, I'll wait and see what GM does with the car. After all there the one's building it not me, besides I can alway's pick up a 2nd Gen, put it back together and rock on baby :twisted:
Free Image Hosting [xs.to]
'87 Berlinetta T-tops, auto.
There's nothing wrong with crossing that line a little bit, it's jumping over it buck naked that will probably get you in trouble...

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:37 am
Minimum of 60 Posts
Minimum of 60 Posts
as far as im concerned the golden age of the camaro is gone, the new ones will suffer the same fate at the GTO and the Charger, once cars that any guy would give his left nut for, now just another familly car for the familly to go to the beach in. i rember the excitement when they annouced the charger was coming back, first time i saw the new one i wanted to cry at what they did to it. :x

im actually very glad to hear the bird is dead for good, the firebird and tran ams where some of the coolest cars to ever hit the road(especially the late 70's trans am's) its the least they can do is to let them die with some dignity and not slap the name on another familly sedan or wanna be muscle car.

Return to 5th Gen / Future