• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

Potential Camaro Pilot...

Introduce yourself to the rest of the Camarosource.ca visitors. Tell us aboutm yourself, your age, hobbies, what car you drive, whatever you would like to introduce about yourself. We're all friendly so we won't judge.

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:44 pm
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Google Search
Hi guys and gals,

I'm new hear, and I need your help. I'm considering buying a Camaro I just found. The VIN checks out as a 93 and it has a V8 (LT1). However, the car is YELLOW with big black stripe. The stripe is broken with the letters "LT1" and there are absolutely no Z28 logos anywhere. With the V8, isn't it a Z28? Also, why would CS not list the yellow paint option? If there's any intrest, I'll post up a pic or two.

Thanks,
Robby

BTW: Yes, I drive a japanese vette now (mainly autoX and track events), but don't hold that against me. I showed a remarkable '69 COPO Camaro for over 14 years all up and down the east coast.

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:14 pm
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: playin around
:hello1: welcome!!!

someone here can give you some details. i have a 83 z28 v8 5.0L 4 bbl but i dont know much. im shure learnin though.......and i love solving every mystery about her. good luck
'83 z28 my first Camaro, i call her Whitethunderhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/3320641

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:57 pm
* $1 - $50 *
* $1 - $50 *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Abob visited me in a dream and told me about it.
Welcome to the site!

Yes, indeed if it's a 1993 with a v8, it's a Z28. The paint job is likely to be non-standard but you never know. If you look in the glove box for the RPO code sticker, you can use the decoder on the site to see what extra options yours may have.
1994/L Z28 6SPDMAN, K&N CAI, Jet PCHIP. Flowmaster Cat back, 52mm Edelbrock TB, Pacesetter mid-tube headers.

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:28 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Online search
Welcome! I don't remember yellow being offered in 93. Like Roj said, get the RPO codes and run them on this site. It will tell you exactly what options your cars has.
Simpleman'Z 28
Moroso CAI,Relocated AIT,TB bypass,Custom pcm tune,OE Zo6 Wheels,Falken FK452 tires, Hooker Competition cat-back exhaust, more mods coming.

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:31 am
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Boobs
Yellow wasn't available for any 4th gen from 1993-2002 so it has obviously been repainted..
As long as the body is straight and it has a LT-1 Who cares if they never re badged the car with Z28 badges after painting it

Welcome to the site...

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:59 pm
** Administrator **
** Administrator **
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: I am the Administrator :-)
Hello and welcome to Camarosource.ca,

If you can post all your RPO codes, in the DECODING FORUM, we can tell you exactly what car, options, and color (look for a 4 digit number followed by either a "U" or "L".) the car was ORIGINALLY painted with.
1992 Camaro Z28. Blue/silver, Custom Blue/Silver Leather seats, Rebuilt Engine, Cammed, Headers, TT ][ Rims ...
NEW http://WWW.CAMAROSOURCE.CA
Over 3,500 Camaro Trims, 1,600+ Photo Spotter's Guide, 2,500+ Std. & Opt. Accessories, 3,000+ Factory Options, Forums, Decoders, Reviews, Classifieds...
3,500+ Camaro Information Database

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:53 pm
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
Hi Robby and welcome to the site.

Return to Introductions