• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

new Z28 owner

Introduce yourself to the rest of the Camarosource.ca visitors. Tell us aboutm yourself, your age, hobbies, what car you drive, whatever you would like to introduce about yourself. We're all friendly so we won't judge.

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:31 am
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: google & cardomain.com
Just got my first fbody on March 31. Brought her home and now I'm trying to learn everything I can about her.

Here's my 1998 Bright Purple Metallic A4 z28 :)
looks dark in these pics... I don't have any showing just how purple it is, but will soon...

Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:40 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Online search
Welcome. Good looking car.
Simpleman'Z 28
Moroso CAI,Relocated AIT,TB bypass,Custom pcm tune,OE Zo6 Wheels,Falken FK452 tires, Hooker Competition cat-back exhaust, more mods coming.

Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:12 am
Minimum of 600 Posts
Minimum of 600 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: www.google.com
looks good
my 85 IROC-Z-350 4 bolt main,700r tranny,B&M shift kit,edelbrock performer intake,holley carb,headman headers,magnaflow exhaust,charcoal/black interior,new paint and more this year

Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:40 pm
** Administrator **
** Administrator **
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: I am the Administrator :-)
Hello and welcome to Camarosource.ca! Absolutely LOVE that tone of metallic Purple!
1992 Camaro Z28. Blue/silver, Custom Blue/Silver Leather seats, Rebuilt Engine, Cammed, Headers, TT ][ Rims ...
NEW http://WWW.CAMAROSOURCE.CA
Over 3,500 Camaro Trims, 1,600+ Photo Spotter's Guide, 2,500+ Std. & Opt. Accessories, 3,000+ Factory Options, Forums, Decoders, Reviews, Classifieds...
3,500+ Camaro Information Database

Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:52 pm
* $1 - $50 *
* $1 - $50 *
Great looking car. Love the color.

Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:04 pm
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Boobs
Cool the Barney Mobile has arrived :lol:

Welcome to the site.

Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:00 am
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: playin around
AWSOMELYYYYYYYYY SSWWWEEEEEEETTTT!!!!

PURPLE HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY FAV COLOR!!!!

im plannin on painting mine purpleblue mirage some time in the future.

love it. tell us all about it and welcome........youll find out everything you need to know right here. also z28.com is a great site too!!! should check it out!!
'83 z28 my first Camaro, i call her Whitethunderhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/3320641

Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:31 pm
Thanks for the welcomes. Oh and to jennie - I am on Z28.com - really like that site.

Here's my story...I used to dream of owning a 67 Mustang. Yeah I know polar opposite of a Camaro. I ended up meeting my now boyfriend and I totally was taken with his 67 Camaro. We started hanging out and I started learning how cool Camaros were. In 2002, I didn't figure I could afford a Camaro (though I wanted one badly) so I ended up with a Nissan Sentra (don't ask I was just ready to get rid of my falling apart Ford Ranger). My boyfriend bought an 02 SS (one of the last 6 the local dealership had an allocation for). I really, really, really got interested in the LS1 fbodies at this point. We started going to the track, joined a local Fbody club, etc...So earlier this year he had found a V6 firebird he wanted me to look at...it wasn't the car I wanted though. So I started looking after looking at many Firebirds, T/A's and Formulas, I decided that since I've always loved the Hugger Orange Camaros that I would start looking for one. I found 2 on autotrader - a V6 in Washington Sate and a Z28 Vert about 4 hours from home (just east of Baton Rouge,LA). My boyfriend was completely against the Vert. Said I couldn't afford insurance, etc (I'm 28 with a clean record). So a week passed and I decided to contact the seller of the vert and found that it had been sold 2 days prior. So I'm back to square one. He finds a Z28 in Arkansas and a SS in Michigan. Both decent cars. I wasn't keen on the 100k + miles on the Z and couldn't afford the $16K price on the SS. So I start looking on ebay and think hmm....if I can't find orange, I wonder if there are any purple LS1 camaros (wasn't sure if there were or not) and that's when I stumbled upon the auction for my car. It was listed as stock with 39K miles on it. Pictures looked great, but I was a little leary because the interior looked more tan than grey. So, I watch all week long as it had just been listed and wait until Easter Sunday to get here so I can bid at the end of the auction. On Sunday morning I think there were 2 bids on the car. The buy it now price was $12K (I could only go $10K). I ended up the high bidder but didn't meet the reserve (I had put max bid at $9500). So we called the girl and she agreed to $10K. I was so thrilled and excited!!! Only 1 problem - the car was in Manassas, VA (just about 18 hours from us). So we made arrangements to go a week later and pick the car up. Yes, we drove about 36 hours round trip to get my baby and it was WORTH IT!!! We actually in total were gone from home 54 hours as neither of us could take much time off work at time.
So far, the only thing I've had to do was get the plugs and wires changed. Other than that it's mechanically sound and the paint and body and interior were in fantastic condition for the age.
I am planning on going to 17" Chrome 10 spoke SS wheels, getting headers and exhaust and doing the intake and of course some subframe connectors. There's a few other things I want to do as my funds will allow, but I've listed the initial stuff.

Sorry this is so long, but I am definitely a very proud new Camaro owner :hello1:

Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:03 pm
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
:D well well well................arnt you fancy??!!!!!!!
you know that the car picks it owner, not the owner pickin the car. she found you like a needle in the hay.LOL What is her name?

lets just say we're in love with our babies. funny i spend more time with her then my own family.

i wish i had more pics to show then just the one in the corner.
you gave your story and heres mine.......

i have had Whitethunder since march 1st. just got $1000 and went on craigslist for about a month. i looked and looked for my car mate. then one popped up on me with out a pic so i didnt know what it looked like yet. i called for it and went to see it 30 miles away to sacramento. i pulled up and :love10: :love4: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
83 Z28 t-tops, 163,000 miles, 305 5.0L 5 speed, 4bbl Eldenbrock carb, dual flowmasters, all stock, origianal gold and aluminum rims on g/t dunlops, white with silvergray ground effects. WOW i thought as i first layed my eyes upon her beauty. shes a little rugged needing new piant job, yet perfect. interior in good condition. not bad for an 83.
anyway, the guy had told me that there were 7 other peaple who had come to look at it and he said one couldnt drive a stick, one ask too little for it, one almost got it but but didnt come back to pay for it, and one was a father buying his son's first car(he told him it was tooo much power). so now there i was. i said thanks for keepin her just for me. he said "well she must have been waiting for you." and i go "yep, i belong to her." then the guy goes "i'll tell you what. give me a $1000 and shes all yours." without hesitation i pulled out my wod and counted it out to him and he handed me the keys. my heart was racin a mile a minute when i got in and turned the key. i felt right at home. got her out to the highway and opened her up and let her go. GOD IT FEELS GOOOOOOOOOOOOD to be in control of all that power!

right now still in awwwwwwww over her. shes a keeper. lots to do with her still. lots of mods to come.

enjoy yours for all its worth.....................

see ya down the road. :headbang:
'83 z28 my first Camaro, i call her Whitethunderhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/3320641

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:24 am
Great Story Jennie!!
And yes, I do believe my car found me. The girl had been trying to sell it for nearly a year 8O ... And she was VERY picky about who it was going to (she had totally babied the car - garage kept, only taken out on nice days - only but 18k on the car in 7 years!). Anyway in the year's time she only had one other person that she was ok with selling the car to and that was a 19 year old girl that couldn't get the loan - lucky for me :P

Definitely love at first site :love4: BUT I can't decide on a name :?
Madman (as in Madman & Co. Racing) has nicknamed it Skittle since it reminds him of a grape skittle. I've been thinking about Stitch but it doesn't seem to fit. A girl at work suggested Purple Lightning. But, as of now she's still unnamed.

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:55 am
* Moderator *
* Moderator *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Surfing
Welcome to CS!!!! Nice ride and thanks for sharing your story with us (it wasn't to long at all :wink: )!

Could you please put your general location in your profile so it appears in the left side of your posts.

Again, nice ride, and I like the colour. You don't see to many purple Camaros. :)
1989 Iroc-Z, 305 TPI, 5 spd, 3.08 diff My Car Domain Website

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:04 am
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
skittle is cute but your right, it doesnt fit. :P
yeah, put your location so we know where you from. have you tested how fast she can go? time from 0-60? whats her specs?please tell.

race ya!!!!!!!!ready, set >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:51 pm
took me a minute to realize I needed to scroll over to find the user control panel. 'doh!

Anyway, i don't have any times on the car. It's a bone stock LS1. I've hit about 105 on the road but will hopefully hit the track soon as I can get me some subframe connectors :wink:

Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:13 am
Minimum of 600 Posts
Minimum of 600 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: your mom
That is an absolutely gorgeous car, I love that purple color. Welcome to the site, & interesting story as well. The first car I really fell in love with was a '70 vette, but the one that I wanted when I was about 15 (the age I could start driving) was a 'maro. My dad is a DDIY kinda person (don't do it yourself) and didn't let me modify the truck I got, since it was a 'family' car (third link in my signature) & I just started liking Blazers, got my own & I still drive it, but I re-fell in love with Camaros when someone I worked with was driving one, & offered to sell it. She was supposed to be moving but ended up staying & kept her car, so I ended up buying my cousin's car from him. A teal automatic V6 coupe is a far reach from the dark purple 5-speed IROC with t-tops that I always dreamed of owning, but it's still a Camaro. I can't even watch the movie Transformers without going out and driving afterwards.
1991 Camaro RS (Coupe, 3.1L V6, 700R4 auto)
1988 Camaro RS (T-tops, 5.0L V8, 5-speed)
1996 Nissan Altima (2.4L, 5-speed, 33+ MPG)
1987 Jeep Wrangler (4.0L, 5-speed, fully waterproofed interior, 4" lift, 33x12.5R15 Pro Comps)

Return to Introductions