• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

hi new to the site could use some help

Introduce yourself to the rest of the Camarosource.ca visitors. Tell us aboutm yourself, your age, hobbies, what car you drive, whatever you would like to introduce about yourself. We're all friendly so we won't judge.

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:01 pm
Minimum of 60 Posts
Minimum of 60 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: internet
hi i'm looking at getting my first camaro i'm 16, and i've always loved them several family members have had them i just never got the chance to drive one :( i'm going to sell my truck. after i pay off the bank i should have around 2k i was wondering what would be a good intro camaro. want something fast with decent mpg
see ya........ vroom

Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:27 pm
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: saw it on google
hi i was in your case a couple years ago im only 17 but i would recomend a 93-02 if your not very mech inclined or dont have a lot of money i wouldnt get a 3.4 most likly the 98-02's with a 3.8 for good gas millage and going fast but if your into fixing your car atleast once a month go ahead and get an older one like 82-92. my first camaro was a 85 with the 2.8 and i never went a month without it breaking down but if your looking for power or want to add stuff on or change the engine maybe go with a v8 it goes through alot of work to change em from 6 to 8 later on i did that in my 85 firebird took FOREVER n wasnt to cheap on the wallet ive never owned an older model like 2nd gen so i cant say the goods or bads on those but ik my camaro now 95 camaro convertible with a 3.4 n auto is very reliable just not that fast but gets bout 28mpg depending on how i drive it lol but looking for fast n good mpg n reliable id go with bout a 98 with a 3.8 manual if u can find it(gets better gas depending how u drive it) plus its cheaper on insurance since the price starting droping around model year 2001 (last time i checked) but if you want a car with a v8 buy a v8 but if u dont care about that get a v6 hope this help ya
88 camaro iroc z TBI 350-auto
85 trans am- parts car 350-auto
85 trans am- 355 sbc, wc t5...damn near everything new...
97 k2500 350 vortec 5 speed

Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:34 am
Minimum of 60 Posts
Minimum of 60 Posts
thanks i was looking at a v8 it's a 92 but its only 1600 bucks plus a t top. i think i'll start there and when if i ever get enough money i'll buy a newer one. it's a drag not having any cash. funny thing my 2001 b4000 has a :headbang: v6 and a 92 305 gets better gas mileage go figure. if you know anyone interested in buying it please tell me thats how i plan to buy my camaro, and until then i'm pretty screwed. unless i can find one for 10 bucks lol
see ya........ vroom

Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:39 am
* $1 - $50 *
* $1 - $50 *
Yeah, you gotta start somewhere. My first camaro had so much body rot my friends called it :Gangrene" :lol:

Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:19 pm
Minimum of 60 Posts
Minimum of 60 Posts
i've been hearing a lot about the reverse going out in the manual 3rd gen camaros is this a common problem. i found one i was interested in but guess what no reverse :x
see ya........ vroom

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:38 pm
* Moderator *
* Moderator *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Surfing
Trying tossing this question into the Drivetrain / Transmissions / Rear Ends topic. Other than general hellos and welcomes, you won't get nearly as good of a response here as you would in the specific topic. :)
1989 Iroc-Z, 305 TPI, 5 spd, 3.08 diff My Car Domain Website

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:19 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Online search
welcome!
Simpleman'Z 28
Moroso CAI,Relocated AIT,TB bypass,Custom pcm tune,OE Zo6 Wheels,Falken FK452 tires, Hooker Competition cat-back exhaust, more mods coming.

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:44 pm
* Moderator *
* Moderator *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Surfing
wanna_go_fast wrote:
i was wondering what would be a good intro camaro. want something fast with decent mpg

I can squeeze out 28mpg (highway) out of my 305 TPI & 5spd std with the 3.08 rear end. That's pretty decent.
1989 Iroc-Z, 305 TPI, 5 spd, 3.08 diff My Car Domain Website

Return to Introductions