• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

NEED HELP WITH SOME MODS PLEASE!

Questions and comments about various aftermarket parts and companies who sells these parts. You could also review sellers you've purchased from.

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:09 pm
I am looking to improve the HP on my 96 camaro RS. I already have an exhaust, but perhaps they make a chip to increase HP? I cannot find anything, but thought you may know where to look. thanks

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:31 pm
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
more info please. size of engine to start, carb or fuel injected? Any mods you have now, any and all info please.

Welcome to the site!
Amadea - 89' Cam RS V6 2.8L W/ T-Tops - #10 Bright Blue Metallic -- My Myspace

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:36 pm
Minimum of 2000 Posts
Minimum of 2000 Posts
ScottieB wrote:
more info please. size of engine to start, carb or fuel injected? Any mods you have now, any and all info please.

Welcome to the site!

everything u need is there :wink:
3.8L....obviously FI.....not a whole lot to do unless u wanna turbo it lol. get a V8

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:44 pm
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
Well some RS's come with v8's... if you ask them for it.

But, if it's a normal stock RS, then it's a v6. Not much dress up and HP gains for a v6, and if there were, not much more HP you can squeeze out of it and stick up to a descent v8. Get another Camaro and mod it out with a v8 and all that good stuff, and keep your v6 for good gas mileage imo... that's what I'm going to do!

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:32 pm
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
RS's weren't made to go fast just to look good...which they do i think 8)

I would follow scottie and keep it for feul efficiency especially if its your daily driver and stick.

If your really crazy though you could go for the turbo which is HP and effieciency :twisted:
1986 Blue sport coupe 5.0 A4

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:17 pm
Minimum of 2000 Posts
Minimum of 2000 Posts
ScottieB wrote:

not in 96

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:53 am
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
Jessevd wrote:
ScottieB wrote:

not in 96

bah! lame.

Anyways, the best HP gain you can do is to toss a v8 in it ;) sad but true :(

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:28 pm
Thanks for the info guys. I figured as much after the dead end searches I was getting. I have a Borla exhaust on it, and thats pretty much it. If camaro's were good in the NY snow, then I would get another one, but they arent. Ive been tryin to sell the car, but havent had much interest for some reason. Maybe after I sell this one, i can get an 8 like i had hoped for (the price at the time was too good for this one). thanks again

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:42 pm
Minimum of 20 Posts
Minimum of 20 Posts
If your not really looking to spend a whole lot of cash you could try this: a few years ago i had a 3.1 grand am and i wanted to get some extra hp out of it but had no money, and all the performances parts for it were way overpriced. So i borrowed a small turbo off of a 4cyl CAT desiel from the mechanic shop at our vo-tech school and retrofitted it to the car. it wasn't pretty but it ran. I'm sure if i would have taken some time to tune it the thing woulda ran better. I got sick of breaking driveshafts and blowing intake gaskets so i decided to get rid of the thing. I'm pretty sure you can get a turbo that would fit it from a truck junk yard and rebuilt for under three hundred bucks, then just some homemade metal brackets and plastic tubing and a little exhaust work, just make sure you have some kinda blow off on it.

Return to Aftermarket Product / Company / Seller Reviews