• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

Cars and Concepts T- Tops???

Questions and comments about various aftermarket parts and companies who sells these parts. You could also review sellers you've purchased from.

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:40 am
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
any body have any idea where to get aftermarket t tops? i heard Cars and Concepts made the majority of aftermarket t tops for 3rd gen f-bodies but i think they went out of business or something. anybody know where i can find t tops similar in size to theirs?
1989 5.0 camaro R.S. Z-28 T-Tops, headers, true dual side exhausts, flowmasters 40 series, accel 8.8 mm wires, MSD ignition coil, 3.73 posi rear end, 5 speed transmission

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:35 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
opps, read you're post wrong.

I'd be suprised if they were a different size than stock t-tops....and you can get those at several different places. Hawk's third gen sells them for instance...
2002 3.8 M5 T-Tops

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:58 pm
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
I had an '84 Z28 with aftermarket t-tops, and they did not interchange with the factory units. All of the aftermarket setups that I've seen appeared to be the same. Try some junkyards and you might get lucky.
Image Image

'86 IROC-Z 350tpi with some stuff, T56 six speed
'85 IROC-Z 305tpi, rare silver, project
'84 Z-28... the spare parts project

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:11 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
What's different about aftermarket tops that don't make them interchangeable?
2002 3.8 M5 T-Tops

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:24 am
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
aftermarket t tops are about 2.5 inches too short on the side. i originally thought mine were factory until i bought a factory one and learned the hard way that it didnt fit and now know that my car has aftermarket t tops, i thought of getting the glass from the factory one cut a few inches to fit but glass shops said they cant cut them because it is tempered glass? so im kind of screwed right now unless someone as an aftermarket t top they are willing to sell???
1989 5.0 camaro R.S. Z-28 T-Tops, headers, true dual side exhausts, flowmasters 40 series, accel 8.8 mm wires, MSD ignition coil, 3.73 posi rear end, 5 speed transmission

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:39 am
Minimum of 40 Posts
Minimum of 40 Posts
mcsports965 wrote:
aftermarket t tops are about 2.5 inches too short on the side. i originally thought mine were factory until i bought a factory one and learned the hard way that it didnt fit and now know that my car has aftermarket t tops, i thought of getting the glass from the factory one cut a few inches to fit but glass shops said they cant cut them because it is tempered glass? so im kind of screwed right now unless someone as an aftermarket t top they are willing to sell???

Hey, did you find one yet? I broke my drivers side T-Top, and it was Cars & Concepts as well. You can find everything but the Top from The Sunroof Doctor. I've been to the junkyard 30 or 40 times for Camaro stuff, and I'd never seen them. Well, I got lucky, and found them when I needed them. I took the passenger side as well, for an extra.

So, which side did you need?

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:33 am
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
yea i never found one and kinda gave up hope till i saw this comment. i broke my driver's side one though as well. so the sun doctor has them? oh that would be great if i could find one?!

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:41 am
Minimum of 600 Posts
Minimum of 600 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: www.google.com
man i never knew that they made aftermarket t-tops,does that mean i could change from havin a hard top to a t-top or what? if so whats some links to places that carry them
my 85 IROC-Z-350 4 bolt main,700r tranny,B&M shift kit,edelbrock performer intake,holley carb,headman headers,magnaflow exhaust,charcoal/black interior,new paint and more this year

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:18 am
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
yea i a company called cars and concepts used to make after market t tops and parts and i think they also converted hard tops to t tops but unfortunately they went out of business :( . im sure there is other companys that still do it though

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:50 am
Minimum of 600 Posts
Minimum of 600 Posts
oh man i hope i can find a place that can convert my hard top to a t-top cuz i love t tops lol
my 85 IROC-Z-350 4 bolt main,700r tranny,B&M shift kit,edelbrock performer intake,holley carb,headman headers,magnaflow exhaust,charcoal/black interior,new paint and more this year

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:44 pm
Minimum of 40 Posts
Minimum of 40 Posts
No, I said you can find "Everything but the tops" from Sunroof Doctor. Cars And Concepts aren't around anymore, and haven't been for a long time. Sunroof Doctor has everything that's left.

If you're going to convert to T-Tops, do it with the original ones. They're 100 times easier to find. The reason they were getting C&C tops, was because of the originals having problems with leaking. I'd rather just buy a T-Top car instead of converting.

So, NO, there is no place to buy a C&C T-Top. You just have to get lucky. I have an extra passenger side one.

mcsports965. Don't give up hope. Like I said, I found them. You're sure that yours are C&C? They have the little symbol one the glass.

Here's another way to know. The place where you T-Tops attach. Do they look like this?

I'll keep an eye out for a driver's side. How much do you want to pay for them, though? I don't want to throw my money in for something I don't need, but I do want to help another Camaro dude out.

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:49 pm
Minimum of 600 Posts
Minimum of 600 Posts
well see since im only 17 turnin 18 in 2 months i dont have the money 2 go n buy another iroc-z with t-tops as i have already spent alot on bringin my 85 iroc-z back 2 life as the old owner let it go 2 crap ,so thats y i was wonderin of i convert a hard top to a t-top thats all :lol:

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:24 pm
Minimum of 40 Posts
Minimum of 40 Posts
irocz85owner wrote:
well see since im only 17 turnin 18 in 2 months i dont have the money 2 go n buy another iroc-z with t-tops as i have already spent alot on bringin my 85 iroc-z back 2 life as the old owner let it go 2 crap ,so thats y i was wonderin of i convert a hard top to a t-top thats all :lol:

I'm barely 19. I got my 'Maro when I was 17. I would say that you should keep it like it is. Don't go through the hassle of converting it. It'll cost a bunch of money. And with all T-Tops, there's a chance of them leaking, breaking, or getting stolen. Hardtop's not so bad. Just make sure the AC works in the Summertime.

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:06 pm
Minimum of 600 Posts
Minimum of 600 Posts
well see when i bought my iroc-z there was hardly anything on the car as the previous owner was gonna take it 2 the crusher n i saved it so theres no ac componets left on the car so thats another reason why id like to convert to t-tops or maybe a targa top

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:45 am
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
how much did you pay for your t top? id say around $100-$150 maybe. thanks your awesome powermaniac. and yes i those pieces are identical to mine. so did you find your at a junkyard?

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:39 pm
Minimum of 40 Posts
Minimum of 40 Posts
irocz85owner wrote:
well see when i bought my iroc-z there was hardly anything on the car as the previous owner was gonna take it 2 the crusher n i saved it so theres no ac componets left on the car so thats another reason why id like to convert to t-tops or maybe a targa top

So, you're sure that it had AC? If so, I'm sure the easy parts are still there. By that, I mean the stuff under the dash. I replaced my heater core, and trust me, you don't want to do that. What a pain! Anyway, you should be able to go to a junkyard fairly easy, and get the rest of the system. That would be an easy problem to fix for me. I don't know which resources you have over there. I usually have about 20 or 30 different 3rd Gens at the Junkyards I go to. I call them Junkyards, even though they're more like goldmines. :) Anyway, these cars are constantly being crushed, and new ones coming in. That's both good and bad for me.

So, is there anything that anyone is having a problem finding? I know there's a couple of little things that were hard for me to find. If so, let me know what it is, and I'll see what I can do about it.

mcsports: Yes, I found them at the junkyard. I find most of my stuff there. I also found a new drivers seat last time. It's not exactly new, but I'd rate it an 90% new. You guys probably know how hard it is to see a good looking driver's seat. My original had the frame sticking out, and all broken and stuff. Passenger and rear seats are VERY easy to find, though.

I ended up picking up both T-Tops, even though I only needed one. That way, I have an extra. If they were the stock T-Tops, I wouldn't worry, as I could easily find at least 5 sets a day. I knew I had to get the other side, since the C&C ones are so rare. Same with the Driver's seat.

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:32 pm
Minimum of 600 Posts
Minimum of 600 Posts
well a/c really aint a major concern for me right now as im tryin to get my iroc-z running as its been on life support lol,poor thing hasnt been on the road for 4 years but its gettin there slowly

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:17 am
Minimum of 40 Posts
Minimum of 40 Posts
irocz85owner wrote:
well a/c really aint a major concern for me right now as im tryin to get my iroc-z running as its been on life support lol,poor thing hasnt been on the road for 4 years but its gettin there slowly

True. At least you have an Iroc, though. I have an RS w/ a 305 TBI. I've basically done work to the whole car. I even put in a whole "new" Posi rear end, since mine didn't have one. BTW, I got the whole rear end for $70, because I left the diff cover on, so they wouldn't know. If it had a 350 TPI, I would've been putting performance stuff on it.

So, are there any special little things that you need? I'm not talking engine, or transmission stuff so much, but more of the other stuff. Maybe some emblems, steering wheel and airbag, those little seatbelt guides, hatch stuff, dash, etc. I know of quite a few places on the Web. There's a few things that they don't have, but I can get. Have you ever seen the rare Red Interior? I've found the whole interior in Great condition quite a few times. I wanted to change mine over from black so bad. I probably would've payed $150 at most for all the seats, the console, and the floor. I'd have to have the headliner redone, cause I have T-Tops.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Minimum of 600 Posts
Minimum of 600 Posts
yea i cant think of anything i need right now becuase im low on cash lol but if i do ill let you kno

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:07 pm
i actually have orginal t tops for a iroc and the orignal glass for sale if someone wants? email me
88 iroc t tops with perfect glass in leather case cus ima keep my sunroof

Next

Return to Aftermarket Product / Company / Seller Reviews