• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

is this worth the money or is it crap

Questions and comments about various aftermarket parts and companies who sells these parts. You could also review sellers you've purchased from.

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:23 pm
1990 Camaro RS 3.1L V6, Flowmaster dual exhaust, 7in touch screen, new interior, 16in. Rims, Paint.

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:27 pm
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Boobs
Haha :lol: thats great a hair dryer hooked up to the air intake
Its crap stay away from it

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:30 pm
eney advice i got about $300.
1990 Camaro RS 3.1L V6, Flowmaster dual exhaust, 7in touch screen, new interior, 16in. Rims, Paint.

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:49 pm
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Boobs
Moderator CLW91RS has the same car as you he switched out the factory intake and replaced it with a TPI air intake system.
Like in this post.

http://www.camarosource.ca/forums/viewt ... ht=#106707

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:00 pm
* Moderator *
* Moderator *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Cardomain
Don't waste your money on those things. I have heard anything good at all about them they don't produce enough air to overcome vacuum even.

The stock air intakes on the 3.1 pretty much suck. I went with the TPI style intake that came stock on the fuel injected 2.8's and the TPI cars.

I'll post some pictures of mine and explain what exactly I had to do with it in a few.
Last edited by clw91rs on Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1991 Camaro RS 3.1 V-6, Flowmaster exhuast, TPI air intake, Hypertech chip, 180* thermostat, accel super coil, white face glow gauges.

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:12 pm
* Moderator *
* Moderator *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Cardomain
Here are a couple of pics of the setup I did.

I found my TPI intake on ebay, I believe I paid around $50 for it. If you go with this setup make sure you get both the upper and lower piece. You cant use the stock rubber piece to connect it to the throttle body because it is too short. I used 2 rubber pipe connectors from the hardware store and a piece of of black 3" pvc pipe, you can use stainless or a chrome pipe as long as it is the right diameter. For the breather hose on the passenger side I just drilled a hole in the rubber connector smaller than the diameter of the pipe so it makes a good seal.

The benifit of this setup over the stock setup is the better airflow and the fact that it get the air from in front of the radiator so the air is alot cooler.

Let me know if you have any more questions about this setup.

1991 Camaro RS 3.1 V-6, Flowmaster exhuast, TPI air intake, Hypertech chip, 180* thermostat, accel super coil, white face glow gauges.

Return to Aftermarket Product / Company / Seller Reviews