• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

is it true?

Questions and comments about various aftermarket parts and companies who sells these parts. You could also review sellers you've purchased from.

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:02 pm
is it true if you chip your car do you have to buy 93 octane gas 4 your engine from then on?.
1990 Camaro RS 3.1L V6, Flowmaster dual exhaust, 7in touch screen, new interior, 16in. Rims, Paint.

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:20 pm
* Moderator *
* Moderator *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Cardomain
The chip I have recomends it. I only run the 89 octane with no problems at all. I ran the 93 when I first got it but since gas prices have gone up I have been running the 89.

I have the hypertech thermomaster. But honestly the only reason I keep it in the car is for the lower fan settings. I did not notice any other difference performance wise. I also got lucky and found mine used on ebay for $25.

1991 Camaro RS 3.1 V-6, Flowmaster exhuast, TPI air intake, Hypertech chip, 180* thermostat, accel super coil, white face glow gauges.

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:32 pm
* Moderator *
* Moderator *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Surfing
I've heard that you do if you want to reap the full benefits it has to offer. But I don't think you have to if you chose not to. You may lose some performance but there shouldn't be any harm done. That is if your ride is mostly stock.
If it's heavily modified, and your chip is specially programmed for your set-up, then running a higher octane fuel may be more critical.
1989 Iroc-Z, 305 TPI, 5 spd, 3.08 diff My Car Domain Website

Return to Aftermarket Product / Company / Seller Reviews