• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

STS Remote Turbo?

Questions and comments about various aftermarket parts and companies who sells these parts. You could also review sellers you've purchased from.

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:35 am
I have 94 Z28 that is stock, I have had it for two years now and it is killing me that it is completely stock, Any way, i found this STS remote turbo site http://www.ststurbo.com, and thinking about building my own setup. I know that i have to upgrade injectors, fuel pump, maybe fuel rail, a nelson pcm. How hard is it going to be? Will my motor be able to stand running at around 7lbs of boost. I have two buddys that dissagree. One says the motor can not take it, and the other says as long as u dont go over that 7psi. What should I do?

Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:06 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: google
I think your going to have a whole lot of detonation issues.
1986 Sport Coupe - 350, Bored .030, KB Flat Top Pistons, 10.5:1 Compression Ratio, Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold, L31 Vortec heads, Comp Cams 12-234-2 (for now)

Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:35 pm
Minimum of 800 Posts
Minimum of 800 Posts
Apperantly ...there was a LT1 that they cranked the boost to ..... it took 10 psi before melting down . Ummm tuneing will be key here . Seeing how the Lt1 starts off with a pretty heafty Compression ratio to start with .

Aslo with designing that kit ... you need a oil pump for the turbo . http://www.z28.com .... a guy named RPM express is selling them for a reaallllllly cheap price right now ( under 3000 I think ) so I would go that route .
1989 Chevy Camaro 353
Edlebrock base and runners ( reallllly ported )
T-5 w/ 3.73 gears
Hotchkis LCA's and PH bar
Energy suspension Motormounts , and tranny mount

exhaust clip
http://media.putfile.com/My-exhaust-clip
KYB shocks and struts
SLP 1 3/4 headers
T-62 BBS turbo kit to be put on next .

Return to Aftermarket Product / Company / Seller Reviews