• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

Apexi safc for V8?

Questions and comments about various aftermarket parts and companies who sells these parts. You could also review sellers you've purchased from.

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:57 pm
Ok so im planning on designing my own remote turbo system, and in order to get the right air/fuel ratio I am thinking an Apexi safc would work. My buddys have put these on their cars like a sec gen RX-7 and a 300zx z31. Would the safc work for my LT1 camaro? or would a Nelsom pmc work?

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:29 pm
** Administrator **
** Administrator **
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: I am the Administrator :-)
Can you please change your location to your valid location, thanks.
1992 Camaro Z28. Blue/silver, Custom Blue/Silver Leather seats, Rebuilt Engine, Cammed, Headers, TT ][ Rims ...
NEW http://WWW.CAMAROSOURCE.CA
Over 3,500 Camaro Trims, 1,600+ Photo Spotter's Guide, 2,500+ Std. & Opt. Accessories, 3,000+ Factory Options, Forums, Decoders, Reviews, Classifieds...
3,500+ Camaro Information Database

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:32 pm
Minimum of 200 Posts
Minimum of 200 Posts
The thing about Apex'i safc and vafc is that they don't allow you to control ignition timing. So if you are only looking to tune the air/fuel ratio, the Apex'i controllers work well for a lot of people with low boost applications.

Keep one thing in mind; these units are designed with Japanese imports in mind, their website even explains this. They do claim that you can use it on any EFI equipped car, and you probably can, I just wouldn't use something that toyed around with my computer's fuel maps if it wasn't designed for my computer AND engine. You just don't know what it's doing.

If I were you, I'd just take the time to learn the art of tuning fuel maps and do it the right way. You can control a lot more of what is going on, and datalogging is just plain helpful in so many ways.

Back when I was tuning my Civic, people on Honda forums mainly used the Apex'i systems for modest home-built turbo setups. But for those who want to do it right they usually chip the ECU and tune it with Hondata or a similar program to tune the ignition timing as well as the a/f ratio.
1981 Z28 [305, Richmond Super-T10 4-speed manual, hardtop]

1989 RS [350, TH700R/4, Holley Street Avenger 670, hardtop]

Return to Aftermarket Product / Company / Seller Reviews