• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

B&M Shifter problem

Questions and comments about various aftermarket parts and companies who sells these parts. You could also review sellers you've purchased from.

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:20 pm
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Google search
Would anyone happen to know why the Megashifter line for B&M shows no reference or compatability for the 4L60E trans package? I have a 94 z28.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:29 pm
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Boobs
There isn't any Aftermarket automatic shifters for 93-02 F-bodys..
The center console makes it really difficult to do anything..

The GM T & J shaped shift knobs will work like found on the center console Pontiacs, Monte Carlo's ect..

I made a custom adapter for my auto shifter that allows me to screw on a 6 speed shift knob and instead of having a button to push to move the selector all I have to do is push down on the knob..
Looks prettys good, It isnt ideal but it works and it is easier and faster to use..

The easiest Aftermarket shifter that can be used with the least amount of customizing is this one..
All it requires is some parts off of the existing shifter, and you have the notch the shifter slot to allow the shifter to move entirely...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HUU-3 ... oview=sku#

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:34 pm
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Google search
Thanks for the reply, I do appreciate it. I will check more into the one you recommended. You would think B&M and Hurst would keep up on applications to include newer models. Oh well, thanks again

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:50 pm
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Boobs
Well it all comes down to the Center console design which doesnt allow much room for modifications..
Then there is 2 different Console designs for 4th gens..
93-96 Center consoles are 2 piece consoles with a shifter plate and ashtray..
97-02 Are one piece all the way to the ash tray..

So a company would have to make 2 designs..

Other that for looks & easier function there isnt really a need for it because there is no need to manually shift the transmission since it is electronic..

And anybody that would have a manual shift set-up would basically be a drag car and 90% of those people take out the center console for weight reduction and they just go with whatever shifter they like with or without a transbrake..

Return to Aftermarket Product / Company / Seller Reviews