• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

ABS INOP light flashing...

Problems with your Suspension, Chassis, or Brakes? Problems fitting your quarterl panel? Suspension problems? Fiberglass hood fitting problems? Steering problems? Here is where you'll find the answer.

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:17 pm
I have a 1993 Z with the ABS INOP light flashing intermittently. I have had a mechanic look at what was causing the ABS INOP light to flash, he told me that it was only a code that appears when the light is on and is cleared when the car is turned off. I am unable to get to the shop as it is open during the time that I am at work. Anyone have any insight as to what needs to be done? This is not something that is always on, sometimes it is not on at all for a drive and sometimes it is on for the majority of the trip. My brakes work fine and does not seem to affect the performance. Thank you in advance.
1993 Camaro Z28 - dark green-gray metallic

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:36 pm
* $1 - $50 *
* $1 - $50 *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Abob visited me in a dream and told me about it.
I had that before for a short time - I pulled the ABS fuse for a few minutes with the ignition off and reinserted it. Haven't had a problem since but I guess I could have been lucky.

Could be one of your speed sensors on the wheel is on it's way out or the ABS control unit under the hood.
1994/L Z28 6SPDMAN, K&N CAI, Jet PCHIP. Flowmaster Cat back, 52mm Edelbrock TB, Pacesetter mid-tube headers.

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:25 pm
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: From Paul after he contacted me through cardomain.
hmm..that is interesting.
I have had some problems with my ABS lights, but I have never had them flash. I read in the owners manual that if they start to flash 'to pull the car over and have it towed to the nearest dealership and to not drive it at all'
Did you bring it to the dealer or to an independent mechanic?
I would just pony up the extra cash and bring it to a dealer, they have all the fancy dancy GM scanners and stuff that can read codes that most mechanics scanners wont pick up.
I had a problem with my engine light being on throwing a code, I tried to fix everything, gave up and brought it to the dealer. It turns out that it was my pcm (computer) that was just throwing the code for no reason and there was nothing wrong with my car at all.
You can always ask the dealership for a courtesy car, or drop off the car the first thing in the morning and they should have a shuttle that will at least bring you to work (you might need someone to pick you up) but I think it is worth the extra money and hassle. Especially when you are dealing with something that I think it the most important thing on your car, and thats your brakes!
1996 Camaro Z28 B4C
(Registered to Squamish RCMP July/96 - March/04)
*1 of 228 made in '96*
- - - - - - - - - -
"The RCMP in Squamish have a Camaro for patrolling the Sea to Sky, that baby rocks... for a car." - Dalma (12/10/03 bcsportbikes forum) :)
- - - - - - - - - -

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:27 pm
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: From Paul after he contacted me through cardomain.
Oh and P.S. If your speed sensors are on their way out (I've had a lot of experience with this) your ABS light will not flash, it will come on solid along with your ASR light (if you have ASR)
1996 Camaro Z28 B4C
*1 of 228 made in '96*
- - - - - - - - - -
"The RCMP in Squamish have a Camaro for patrolling the Sea to Sky, that baby rocks... for a car." - Dalma (12/10/03 bcsportbikes forum) :)
- - - - - - - - - -

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:34 pm
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: googled it.
if the speed sensor(s) go, will that effect the car? minus the obivious abs inop light?

sorry if this is a noooobie question, but im new to camaros & im just trying to figure some things out on my car...
Someday Jesus Will Kick Your butt.......

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:49 pm
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
If the speed sensors are damaged and stop working, it doesnt affect the performance of the car. It just means that your ABS no longer works. So just be weary of that when you are driving!
1996 Camaro Z28 B4C
*1 of 228 made in '96*
- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

Return to Steering, Suspension, Body, Chassis, Brakes