• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

need an idea of what to get (Shocks)

Problems with your Suspension, Chassis, or Brakes? Problems fitting your quarterl panel? Suspension problems? Fiberglass hood fitting problems? Steering problems? Here is where you'll find the answer.

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:54 pm
Minimum of 20 Posts
Minimum of 20 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: i stumbled on it, via the interwebs >_^
Ok so now that i have time and cash I'm going to go and buy me a new set of shocks, but i know what costs $$$ isn't gonna be the best for my application so before i shell $399 on the bilsteins i was wondering if thats even the direction i should be going. and im pretty sure i need new ones because of the amount of the shear roughness of the ride when my tires are at 32 psi.

currently i'm trying to push my Camaro in the direction of one day being suitable for auto cross like driving
i think Ins0mnia once said that i can change the springs at a later date as those aren't really a big problem.. so my main concern is more or less just being able to stick to the road... and not having my tail bone compressed any more XD

thanks in advance for helping me out :)
99 V6 3800 Slp CAI Duct, Lakewood Traction bars

Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:20 pm
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Boobs
Koni or QA1 would really be the best you can get even if you got either in just the single adjustable models..
At a Minimum the Bilsteins would be decent and better than what you have on the car now...
But if you get them I would get them from here because he uses a better combination of Bilstein shock models together in a package which I think are 4th gen fronts and 3rd gen rear shocks and alot of people claim they are better used that way..
http://www.stranoparts.com/

Any of the 3 mentioned would work perfectly fine with the stock springs..

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:35 pm
Minimum of 20 Posts
Minimum of 20 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: i stumbled on it, via the interwebs >_^
sooo for the moment i went with monroe 's but i figure i'll slowly buy the QA1's a piece at a time, but i come to find out that theres a problem with the strut mounts collecting bits of water and then becoming rusted to the struts which in turn means that the whole thing becomes useless, that ended up costing me about 126$ extra, but i figure best to fix that now then suffer from some thing really bad happening later on and costing an arm and a leg to repair..

Also thanks a bunch ins0mnia for pointing me in the right direction. :D
99 V6 3800 Slp CAI Duct, Lakewood Traction bars

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:23 am
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
I put Bilsteins on all the way around in October of this year (2008) and could tell a difference--No more nose diving when stoping and no rear end settling when taking off. Good on the curves as well. My 4th Gen rides a little rougher than what came with the SLP package, but I prefer a stiffer ride anyway. Good luck!
2000 SS Vert -Red -Corsa Pro-Series exhaust

Return to Steering, Suspension, Body, Chassis, Brakes