• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

Crack along door seam

Problems with your Suspension, Chassis, or Brakes? Problems fitting your quarterl panel? Suspension problems? Fiberglass hood fitting problems? Steering problems? Here is where you'll find the answer.

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:57 am
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
Hello all!

So I've had this crack that began as a small one back in 2005 on my door where the mirror mounts right at the seam where the door meets the fender (pics coming soon) and over the years it has only grown with the door being opened and closed constantly. Being too lazy to think of something smart to do to fix it for now, instead of getting water in my door everytime I wash the car, I come to you guys to see if you have any suggestions.

The only thing I've thought about doing has been to put it back together with some strong epoxy as I don't want to get into painting anything yet.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

-V

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:01 pm
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
pics as promised! not the best (if not crap) but gets the point across

-V

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:10 am
Minimum of 2000 Posts
Minimum of 2000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Roj told me. He is my hero. One day, im gonna grow up and be just like him, You'll see.
Yeah for a quick fix, id try some sort of epoxy and go easy on it so too much doesnt squeeze out.
Also check out your door hinges and make sure you lube them up. when they get resisting, you end up flexing the door more to open and close it, and this could be making unneeded strees on the door.

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:40 am
** Administrator **
** Administrator **
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: I am the Administrator :-)
Your donuts likely didn't help ;-)
1992 Camaro Z28. Blue/silver, Custom Blue/Silver Leather seats, Rebuilt Engine, Cammed, Headers, TT ][ Rims ...
NEW http://WWW.CAMAROSOURCE.CA
Over 3,500 Camaro Trims, 1,600+ Photo Spotter's Guide, 2,500+ Std. & Opt. Accessories, 3,000+ Factory Options, Forums, Decoders, Reviews, Classifieds...
3,500+ Camaro Information Database

Return to Steering, Suspension, Body, Chassis, Brakes