• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

Question About 350 Swap.

Post questions and answers about your engine problems.. What is this ticking sound I hear while starting? Engine not turning over? Problems with your battery... alternator? Find out here.

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:28 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Through an internet search.
I have finally got the ball rolling towards putting a 350 in my '91 RS, and I had a quick question before I start on the swap in the near future. I have a '79 model 350 block that has been rebuilt and bored .030 over. My main question is regarding heads. I want to keep my fuel injection, so the only way I could think of doing so was to run center bolt valve cover heads. So, my question is this: Will the center bolt valve covers work on the older model blocks? I have seen the Vortec heads used on them, so I am assuming that the others will to with no issue, but I want to be sure before I get the car apart and find out they won't. Also, what would be a good cam to upgrade to for the fuel injected engines?
1991 RS Camaro with a fresh 355 ci Small Block with several mods.

Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:29 pm
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
Out of curiosity, why are you using such an old block? Also, Which fuel injection are you running? TBI, or Tuned Port? Are you prepared for entering the world of PROM burning? I would assume that if you were just looking to keep a TBI, that you would simply get one of those carb to TBI spacers for the intake. If you're sticking with TPI, My best guess would be to go with 1987-up style 350 heads so that you could bolt the intake up without issue. I hope that helps some.

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:27 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Through an internet search.
The reason for using such an old block is because my dad and I have built it for another project, which was carbed, and that didn't go as planned so I've got the engine in the garage on a stand. I thought I would be able to without any problem. I've not started the project yet. I still am interested in a cam suggestion though.
1991 RS Camaro with a fresh 355 ci Small Block with several mods.

Return to Engine / Fuel / Starting / Charging System