• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

reduced enging power

Post questions and answers about your engine problems.. What is this ticking sound I hear while starting? Engine not turning over? Problems with your battery... alternator? Find out here.

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:28 am
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Ask.com
I am getting a reduced engine power light then the car will do nothing but Idle, no pedal response mechanic says it is accelerator pedal position sensor only way to fix is change entire throttle body any suggestions

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:07 pm
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Boobs
It always helps to give the year, engine and type of transmission when you ask a question...

But since you are saying the Reduced Engine Power Light is on and they want to change the throttle body I am assuming your car is a 99-02.. 3.8 V6
That has no throttle cable and has a drive by wire system with an electronic controlled throttle body blade...

It could be anything fuel, Ignition , air intake and emissions related or anything that controls the over all engine performance of your car..
If a Mechanic scanned it, They might have got a DTC for the throttle body actuator motor that opens and closes the blade..
If that went or failed then yes you have to replace the throttle body, As far as I know you can not just replace or purchase an actuator motor separate for it...

The only we can do is have you confirm it, Since the Reduced Engine Power Light is on then there is Trouble codes in the PCM displaying what is wrong with your car.
The Service Engine Soon light does not have to be on for a Trouble code to be or displaying...

Take the car to an Autozone, They have a free scanner,
take a piece of paper and something to write with,
And write down the Trouble Codes they pull up with their scanner..
Then come back and let me know what codes they are, I can tell you what is wrong with it...

Return to Engine / Fuel / Starting / Charging System