• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

Shampooing Cloth Seats?...

Post questions and answers about various interior related topics. Seat problems? Seat Belts, carpeting... Etc

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:26 pm
* Moderator *
* Moderator *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Paul lodge
maybe turbomgnt would like to chime in here?

but i picked up a set of 4th gen cloth seats, would like to clean them up before i install them, would i be best to steam them? shampoo them, i just wanna clean them up myself so i dont wanna spend 1-200$ on cleaning these seats.

is there any product from canadian tire, or walmart i can buy to clean these up real nice :lol:
'74 454 .030 Over 4.250 Stroke 489, SRP Forged 0.030 Flat Tops, Crane Z Blower .632/.632 244/256 Cam, Weiand 871 Roots Blower, 2 x 800cfm Barry Grant Speed Demon Carb, Procomp 320cc Heads Race Package, CSR Electric Water Pump, TH400 FUll Manual Reverse Valve Body Sportsman Trans Brake 3000 Stall, 9" Rearend 31 Spline 3.70 Gears.

Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:42 pm
* $151 - $200 *
* $151 - $200 *
Well, I'm not turbomgnt, and although he would know best I'll tell you what I can. I had a job as a carpet cleaner. To clean fabrics without a machine (extraction) and simply use chemicals such as a spray product you just rub in, you aren't actually removing any dirt or stain. These products use 'optical brighteners', chemicals which enhance the natural color of the fabric and reduce the appearance of foreign substance. This improvement is sometimes only temporary and the stain can reappear over time. My recommendation is to start with a good vacuum. Then pre-treat spots with a product like armor all oxi-magic or similar, these products have actual enzymes to dissolve the stain rather than just cover it up like many other products. Then, at many self serve car washes, they have a 'dry foam' shampoo which is not true extraction but helps to an extent. You vacuum the upholstery, then apply this foam shampoo generously and rub it in. You wait a day or so until the moisture dries. The foam does contain optical brighteners, but also encapsulates and crystallizes foreign objects such as soil and stains. You then vacuum thoroughly. Its not nearly as thorough as steam or regular extraction, but less expensive and visually effective :tonqe:

Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:44 am
* Moderator *
* Moderator *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Paul lodge
they have this at any car wash, i havent seen one in Toronto so far. I'll look again, is there a way to do it without a special vacuum machine, just to bring the clotch back to its brighter original color. i mean all that is wrong is they are a little dusty, no stains or nothing, i just thought i'd spruce em up before i installed them.

i looked at that armor all oxy-magic and i read be careful because it is strong stuff and could ruin your cloth, i forget what it said, by removing color or something..
'74 454 .030 Over 4.250 Stroke 489, SRP Forged 0.030 Flat Tops, Crane Z Blower .632/.632 244/256 Cam, Weiand 871 Roots Blower, 2 x 800cfm Barry Grant Speed Demon Carb, Procomp 320cc Heads Race Package, CSR Electric Water Pump, TH400 FUll Manual Reverse Valve Body Sportsman Trans Brake 3000 Stall, 9" Rearend 31 Spline 3.70 Gears.

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:10 am
Minimum of 20 Posts
Minimum of 20 Posts
use tuff stuff any auto parts store has it been useing for years

Return to Interior