• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

Targa top?

Post questions and answers about various interior related topics. Seat problems? Seat Belts, carpeting... Etc

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:37 pm
Minimum of 60 Posts
Minimum of 60 Posts
Ok i have a wacky idea i wanna put a targa top on my 4th gen camaro hard top. I saw some kits for mustangs but none for camaros. But im thinking of a C4 vette one mite fit. My real question is, is this possible? and who would i talk to to do this a body shop a custom shop? Or possibly t tops which would be cheaper?
1991 Camaro Z28 350 with 3'' flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust

Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:59 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Out of personal experience, it is HARD to find a shop that is willing to do a T-Top conversion. My guess is that it would be similar for a targa.

I wouldn't personally want to do it, but you can do a t-top conversion yourself. There are some tutorials floating around.
2002 3.8 M5 T-Tops

Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:32 pm
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Boobs
Be bad idea considering the main structural part on the roof of the car is the center piece Or T on a T-top car..

I have seen a Targa top 4th gen before though..
You would be better off doing t-tops because requires less custom parts..
And no Vette top will fit on a 4th gen...

I did see a guy that took his hard top to a t-top except instead of using the actual t-top panels he customized the Removable Roof section so that it could be removed and put back on...

Because whether you know it or not on a 4th gen hard top car it consists of 2 panels..
Then actual roof which is only a fancy cover trim panel then the Wrap on the back half that goes down and touches the rear quarter panels..

Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:01 am
Minimum of 60 Posts
Minimum of 60 Posts
Im gonna call around later today to see if people will do it and a rough estimate on what its going to cost. As far as being expensive I dont care i want it done.
1991 Camaro Z28 350 with 3'' flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust

Return to Interior