• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

68 interior

Post questions and answers about various interior related topics. Seat problems? Seat Belts, carpeting... Etc

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:04 am
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Found it on a random camaro search.
Hi everyone, it's been quite a while since I've been on this or any Camaro related site for that matter, but I've been very busy this winter shovelling snow, lol over 16 ft. this year. So now that the snow is finally receeding, We (my father and I ) have started restoring(lightly for now ) our 68 conv. Camaro.
We sent the 230 6cyl. to be rebuilt, and it was in pretty bad shape to say the least, bored it out .030, which they told us would make the motor in the vicinity of a 260 now! Everything internal was replaced, due to poor maintenance, there was about 1\2 an inch of black gunk on the inside of the valve cover, 2 valves were actually rusted, the harmonic balancer was all out of wack, etc etc.
Now that the motor is almost done, we want to get started on the interior, and I was wondering if it's a good idea to buy stuff on ebay, or stick to the reputable companies that exist, and wich companies are best to deal with. Remember We're in Canada so if anyone knows of a good Canadian distributor, that would facilitate things for me alot.
We need a carpet, door panels, dash accesories, vents, radio, other minor things, I'll keep updating as we go along. Any help that you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Every so often I stop, look around, and wonder ... what I got myself into!
This time the answer is ......A CAMARO BABY!!

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t52/ ... ?start=all

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:14 am
* $1 - $50 *
* $1 - $50 *
Go with the OER stuff out there. It all fits great. Try Classic Industries or Rick's 1st Generation. They both have everything you need.

All my interior is aftermarket stuff. Just click the link to my car and see how it looks.

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:30 pm
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
Hey rlyfst1, how r u?, I haven't been on in a while. Good to hear from u, I really appreciate how much you have helped in the past, and I hope you can continue to give me your 2 cents, and yes your ride looks great! I hope ours looks that good some day.
One big prob is getting parts for the 6 banger, they're so rare. They don't even list them in the catalogues.
Well gotta go, I just got in from work and it's 10:30 here, and am working again in the morning.
Talk to ya soon!

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:52 pm
It's been a while since I've been on this site. I was very interested in seeing the pictures of your '68 Camaro convert. with the 230 cube six. There are not many of us out there who are interested in restoring a Camaro with its original six. I bought my '68 Camaro new with a 250 cube six in January 1968 and am currently restoring it. You are right about parts for a six in the restoration catalogues. They are going to seel what goes, and that's parts for a V-8. You'll be looking elsewhere for most of those parts.

One of my greatest challenges was finding "250" emblems for my front fenders. I had three and sent them all to a refinisher who proceeded to ruin them. As luck would have it, I found one side right here in Lincoln, NE and the other from a guy on the west coast. Used a different finisher and they came back looking great!

Good luck with your restoration!

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:03 am
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
If you click on the botoom of my posts, you'll see some pics of the car, I don't remember what state she was in though, been a while since Ive been on too.

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:40 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Through an internet search.
I'll say that if you are going to go with ebay, beware. I've heard bad things about some of the stuff bought there, but I've also heard good things too. So, I'd say if it is in your budget get the new stuff, but if you have to get some things off of ebay, be 110% sure that you are getting what you need, and not something you don't.
1991 RS Camaro with a fresh 355 ci Small Block with several mods.

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:40 pm
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: web search
I agree with the others and would choose Classic Industries or YearOne. I have purchased items on ebay with no issues. I prefer it if you are looking for original parts rather than buying aftermarket items.
I noticed your car has the column shift, i actually have a rare bench seat from a 67 sport coupe with the deluxe interior that i am looking to sell. It has the folding armrest and is complete but would need re-upholstered. If you were looking to add a rare option to your 68 let me know as i don't see many column shift cars as most guys have the console on the floor which is whats in my 68.

Good luck with your project, mine was in worse shape when i started. 8)

Return to Interior