• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

Analog Clock on 1984 Camaro

Post questions and answers about various interior related topics. Seat problems? Seat Belts, carpeting... Etc

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:33 pm
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Google
Hey everyone. Seems like every time I go hunting around on the internet for info on my car I keep finding this place. Lot's of knowledgeable people here, I'm hoping somebody knows the answer to my question.

I cannot find anywhere to get a replacement for the analog clock in my center console. From what I read it was a fairly rare option, which probably explains why its so hard to find.

Disclaimer: The following incriminates me in the destruction of my clock and as such should not be read by anyone who does not think its funny when somebody who doesn't know what they're doing mucks around and screws things up.

I went to the local junkyard to look for trim parts and lo and behold, I stumbled upon a car with a clock like mine! Somehow, mysteriously after I bought this car 4 months ago the second hand inside my clock broke in half . . . without me opening it. It's been bugging me so I figured I could take this damaged clock with the scuffed up faceplate and pilfer the second hand. That worked great. I got mine out and replaced the hand, and all was looking well. Then I decided to try to polish the plastic faceplate with this little buffing wheel I have for my Dremel. Yes. My 10000rpm Dremel. At that speed even a seemingly soft wheel turns into a deadly grinding machine. There's a pair of lovely divots in my faceplate now. I could just use the crappy scratched one from the other clock, but I firmly believe in paying the stupid tax for not testing the wheel on the JUNK clock first. Thus, I'd like to buy myself a new clock, or at least a new faceplate.

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:19 am
* Moderator *
* Moderator *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Surfing
Welcome! :) Could you please add your general location to your profile. Thanks.
We'll forgive you this time. :wink:

The clock (RPO U35) is a farily rare option. Only 1840 Camaros had it in '84 (out of a total production of 261,591 that year). It was a $35.00 option and only available on certain models.
I believe it was only available from the years '82 - '85. After that, having the clock both in the digital radio and the console made it a redundant feature and it was dropped.

That is a tuff option to find. Even harder to find one that works. I'll do some digging/ In the meantime some options might be place a WANTED itme in out classifieds here, check Ebay and Craigslist, etc.
1989 Iroc-Z, 305 TPI, 5 spd, 3.08 diff My Car Domain Website

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:24 am
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Google.ca
I'm lucky I have one in my '83! It's shot to crap, but I still have one :axe:

-OSS
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/802958

Swift ViSSion; Camarosource.ca Visual Department

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:28 pm
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: cardomain
i saw a coupke on ebay check it out!!!
89 camaro RS 350 carbed with a t5 pushin 300hp, floor mats, and a football size dent in the rear quarter..my sleeper
!!!THE GORILLA!!!

ImageImageImage

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:17 pm
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: playin around
camaroheaven.com call the nuber and ask. they could have it.
'83 z28 my first Camaro, i call her Whitethunderhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/3320641

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:36 pm
Minimum of 200 Posts
Minimum of 200 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: google
Guarantee these guys have one kicking around.

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/
1985 Z-28 - The New Project
1986 Z-28
Posi Rear / Edelbrock Performer Intake / Edelbrock Performer 600cfm Carb / IROC 16" Mags
Hooker Headers / Hooker Y-Pipe / Magnaflow Cat / Flowmaster American Thunder 3.00" Exhaust

Mike

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:02 am
* Moderator *
* Moderator *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Surfing
For those who have one or can get a hold of one that doesn't work, I've talked to some owners that simply replace the failed works with cheap modern electronics. Looks original on the outside and modern & reliable on the inside.
1989 Iroc-Z, 305 TPI, 5 spd, 3.08 diff My Car Domain Website

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:39 am
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: cardomain
89 camaro RS 350 carbed with a t5 pushin 300hp, floor mats, and a football size dent in the rear quarter..my sleeper
!!!THE GORILLA!!!

ImageImageImage

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:04 am
* $1 - $50 *
* $1 - $50 *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Abob visited me in a dream and told me about it.
40 bucks for a clock! Seems a bit steep!

Sounds like the second hand was a fairly common failure point too.....and the non dremel proof screens :lol:
1994/L Z28 6SPDMAN, K&N CAI, Jet PCHIP. Flowmaster Cat back, 52mm Edelbrock TB, Pacesetter mid-tube headers.

Return to Interior