• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

help with turn signals

Post questions and answers about various Electronic problems. What chip should I use? Need assistance in wiring up your alarm system? Assistance with setting up your new auto CD Player or video? Here is where you will find your answer.

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:42 am
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: google
my right side turn signals work fine but my left side doesnt blink. my left rear lights up when i turn on the signal but my left front doesnt. i have already changed the bulb and socket 2 times each and now i have no clue what the problem is any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:12 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Online search
Have you tried replacing all of the bulbs (front/rear)? Maybe the flasher relay. But, if it was the flasher, then it should effect all of your turn signals. Maybe the switch in the column. Does it click into position when you activate the turn signals?
Simpleman'Z 28
Moroso CAI,Relocated AIT,TB bypass,Custom pcm tune,OE Zo6 Wheels,Falken FK452 tires, Hooker Competition cat-back exhaust, more mods coming.

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:53 pm
i replaced all four sockets and all four bulbs and just replaced the switch which didnt help. i think it might be the daytime running lights (drl) module so if u have any information on that module i would like to see what i can do with it.

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:13 pm
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Boobs
Usually 4th gens if the blinker doesnt work on a specific side there is a bulb out or not working on the side that it is not blinking on..

DRL Module is just below the front defrost vent in the center of the dash..
Though I doubt that is your problem..

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:21 pm
then i dont know where else to look becuase i know it isnt the switch or the bulbs or sockets becuase ive replaced them all it cant be the flasher becuase the right side is working. im sitting here looking at the wiring diagram in the haynes manual and i cant find anywhere else that the problem could be.

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:28 pm
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
You replaced the actual switch or just the flasher?
There is a ground in the trunk by the tail light harness.
The haynes manuals are useless for these cars..

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:44 pm
i replaced the switch and ive already tried relocating the ground and that did nothing.

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:52 pm
i just looked at the drl module and there is a dark blue wire going to the right front bulb that i got 6 volts reading on and the light blue going to the left front bulb only had 22 millivolts reading could that be the problem?

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:49 am
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: wife found the site!
i have a similar problem. thought i would post it here maybe someone who has answered knows...

my passenger side blinkers don't work, well, they work kinda when they want to work and then they stop flashing and just stay on... i know i'm missing a little plastic piece in the rear hatch that diverts rainwater from the light assembly but i don't know exactly where to get that...

my question was going to be is there one flasher for boths sides but from reading these posts, I think everybody agrees that there is only one flasher that controls both sides of turn signals ..so that can't be it cause the drivers side works perfectly... so i am guessing a loose wire or something..

i also replaced one of the sockets in the rear with a generic socket instead of the one from the dealership that costs about 90 dollars.. i hope that isn't a problem... on that side of the car, i have also noticed another issue.. when i go over a nasty bump, sometimes even a not so nasty bump, the hatch hits the light frame..smacking it with a nice sound.. shouldn't be doing that... the gap is much smaller than the right side... i duno why this would be unless the car has a bad chassis ?? body part in rear? rear fascia ?

anyway.. sure would like to hear what others think...

i think on your car, i'd go with the moderator's ideas.. he really very helpful.
sounds to me almost like a ground short ..

thanks
tony

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:41 pm
I have since found that the problem with mine was the Daytime Running Lights (drl) module and though they are quite expensive i found one off a firebird in a junk yard for $5. the DRL module is located behind the stereo its a little black box that has plugs going into it. Hope this helps.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:15 pm
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
tonyponykay wrote:
i have a similar problem. thought i would post it here maybe someone who has answered knows...

my passenger side blinkers don't work, well, they work kinda when they want to work and then they stop flashing and just stay on... i know i'm missing a little plastic piece in the rear hatch that diverts rainwater from the light assembly but i don't know exactly where to get that...

my question was going to be is there one flasher for boths sides but from reading these posts, I think everybody agrees that there is only one flasher that controls both sides of turn signals ..so that can't be it cause the drivers side works perfectly... so i am guessing a loose wire or something..

i also replaced one of the sockets in the rear with a generic socket instead of the one from the dealership that costs about 90 dollars.. i hope that isn't a problem... on that side of the car, i have also noticed another issue.. when i go over a nasty bump, sometimes even a not so nasty bump, the hatch hits the light frame..smacking it with a nice sound.. shouldn't be doing that... the gap is much smaller than the right side... i duno why this would be unless the car has a bad chassis ?? body part in rear? rear fascia ?
anyway.. sure would like to hear what others think...
i think on your car, i'd go with the moderator's ideas.. he really very helpful.
sounds to me almost like a ground short ..
thanks
tony

Tony you should really make your own posts for your questions especially multiple questions :lol:

When there is a problem with the turn signals on 4th gens it is usually because of one of the blinker bulbs or the socket on the side that isnt blinking..

then if that isnt the problem I would turn the blinker to the side that has the problem blinking the reach down through the front of the car and shake the parking signal harness and see if it will stop blinking then repeat the same thing at the rear of the car..
If you find nothing then I would change the flasher..

Your hatch back problem if you open your rear hatch and look up on each end of your hatch while it is open there is a height adjuster on each side of the hatch..
If you turn them clockwise and counter clock wise you can adjust them so that when it is closed the hatch back is the same height on both sides..
But becareful you don't adjust them to high..
If it still rattles after that then you should check the latch and spring..

Return to Electrical / Car Audio / Alarms