• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

camaro over heats in town

Post questions and answers about your cooling system. Problems with your radiator? AC not coming out cold enough? Here is where you will find your answer.

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:23 am
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: found it on the web
I have a 1988 camaro irocz with a 305 and a 5 speed the car runs hot in town around 240 degrees it runs cool going down the road and cools down once you get out of town. the guy we bought it from said they all do that. what do you guys think the problem could be. I was going to put in a colder thermostat but do not know if that will help. thanks for any help

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:00 am
** Administrator **
** Administrator **
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: I am the Administrator :-)
1. Make sure both your electrical fans are turning on
2. Check that your airdam under the car is intact (without it, the air won't draw into the car as it should).
1992 Camaro Z28. Blue/silver, Custom Blue/Silver Leather seats, Rebuilt Engine, Cammed, Headers, TT ][ Rims ...
NEW http://WWW.CAMAROSOURCE.CA
Over 3,500 Camaro Trims, 1,600+ Photo Spotter's Guide, 2,500+ Std. & Opt. Accessories, 3,000+ Factory Options, Forums, Decoders, Reviews, Classifieds...
3,500+ Camaro Information Database

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:40 am
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: found it on the web
ok I checked the fans and one is not coming on all the time, where are the senors the tell them to come on and how hard are they to change

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:17 am
Minimum of 60 Posts
Minimum of 60 Posts
I have a 305 TBI and my temperature fluctuates like that to. I believe it is normal. When the car is moving on the motorway the temperature sits around the quarter mark (which i assume is 180 ish degrees) but when i stop at traffic lights for any period of time or doing a lot of slow stop start driving around town the temperature climbs to 220 degrees and beyond. Once i start moving with any sort of velocity then the temperature drops back to the quarter mark on the gauge. I normally turn the air condition on if i am stuck in traffic and that starts the fan which brings the temperature of the coolant down. I had never seen a temperature gauge on a car climb just because i have been stuck in traffic before but like i said from what i have read on the internet this seem to be normal for these cars (or these engines) :?

Return to Cooling & Heating System