• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

I have no Power

Questions and comments about various aftermarket parts and companies who sells these parts. You could also review sellers you've purchased from.

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:05 pm
I have a '93 camaro 6cyl with only 82000 miles. Its in pretty good condition for its age. It is mechanically strong and runs fine, HOWEVER it is extremely slow and heavy. I dont have a lot of money but i am just looking for some inexpensive ways to boost my car's performance. I know the obvious upgrades such as intake and exhaust. I was just curious if anyone knew about any adjustments that can be made to the timing or any other inexpensive upgrades. Thanks for all your help.
-Christian

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:34 pm
* $151 - $200 *
* $151 - $200 *
Welcome, I also live in jacksonville. There isn't much you can do to a 3.4 to make it insanely fast. However, there are simple things you can do like a cold air k & n type intake, tune-up & fresh fluids and filters to get it back up to par. I too had a 3.4 down here, and I noticed it did run particularly strong when it was cold and windy. And I owned my friends 300ZX on the regular. But beyond that, you aren't going to be lightning fast, just enjoy the car and have fun!

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:51 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
FGGB should have some good responses on this one.

Cactus pretty much covered it though. Yes, it is a Camaro, but it wasen't really intended to be a "fast" car. Exhaust, CAI, Headers and a whisper lid would be the basic things too start with.
2002 3.8 M5 T-Tops

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:18 pm
TheCactusWill wrote:
Welcome, I also live in jacksonville. There isn't much you can do to a 3.4 to make it insanely fast. However, there are simple things you can do like a cold air k & n type intake, tune-up & fresh fluids and filters to get it back up to par. I too had a 3.4 down here, and I noticed it did run particularly strong when it was cold and windy. And I owned my friends 300ZX on the regular. But beyond that, you aren't going to be lightning fast, just enjoy the car and have fun!

I used to have a 300 as well and it was faster in the quarter by over a second. and it was an '87. I dont want to be insanely fast. I just want to be able to hold my own. I only have about 160hp and i would like to hit about 180 to 200. Thats all. i am already making shopping for the intake, just wondering if there were any other mods that worked particularly well. Plus its an Auto. I HATE automatics, i only bought it because my 300z had seen its day and it was the Auto 3.4 camaro or a 4cyl ford ranger. And there is NO WAY i am about to own a ford. LOL. thanks for the advise.
-Christian

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:22 am
* Moderator *
* Moderator *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Surfing
Welcome to CS! :)

Without some more serious $$$ you will only find a few ponies here and there, and it won't be a dramatic change.

Your ride looks in very nice condition, but it's clearly not the kind of car you would like. Would it be possible to sell it and for a few dollars more you could have that standard tranny or even a V8, which would cost thousands of $$$ if you did that to your current ride?
That's probably where I'd go. Don't spend on this ride & save up the money for the difference to step-up.
:wink:
1989 Iroc-Z, 305 TPI, 5 spd, 3.08 diff My Car Domain Website

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:56 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Why not go with nitrous,that way you still have a normal car when daily driving.

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:58 pm
IROCtopless...That has actually been my thinking for the past year and a half that i have owned the car...however i am hesitant to get rid of a car that i know is fairly reliable and paid off. But i think after its all said and done I am going to be either saving money or doing an even trade.

My dad wants to buy a new car and he offered to trade his car for my car (even trade) and trade in my camaro for his new car. He drives a '95 Lincoln Mark VIII and it has 180,000 miles where as my car has only 82,000 miles. Both cars are equally reliable and I know my dad takes good care of his car. So i am really having a dilemma deciding what i want to do...keep the camaro or go with the lincoln. The lincoln has 127 more hp than the camaro however about 100,000 more miles too. I really dont know what i want to do. What do you suggest.

Here are a few pics of what the lincoln i would get looks like (same color and rims and same year) This car is basically this is the exact car but i found these pics on the internet.

-Christian

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:44 pm
* Moderator *
* Moderator *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Surfing
camarodriver1985 wrote:
IROCtopless...That has actually been my thinking for the past year and a half that i have owned the car...however i am hesitant to get rid of a car that i know is fairly reliable and paid off.

I know what you mean. I had a car like that once. It was one of the few that I sold that had nothing wrong with it. I liked it even though it wasn't what I really wanted. Grew attached to the darn thing.

The Lincoln is a decent luxury car, and even a little sporty since it's a 2 door. And even though it has more miles, you know the history because it's your dad's, and that's a good thing. It's your call if you want to keep it or not.

One thing to consider, if you spotted a Camaro you liked and could get enough for the Lincoln to buy it, would your dad have no hard feelings if you sold the Lincoln right away?
1989 Iroc-Z, 305 TPI, 5 spd, 3.08 diff My Car Domain Website

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:16 pm
No, he wouldn't care. He would just be curious as to why i am giving up a car of which i know the history and My mechanic also knows the car very well. So there are many reasons to keep both of them. However, if i came across a camaro that i liked and i could get an even trade, or close to one, I would definately be interested in a deal. As far as my dad, he would have no hard feelings either way. As long as i made a smart decision. If i traded it for a junker, then yeah he would be disappointed in me. But thats an obvious reaction.

The Lincoln is a Sport-Luxury sedan with 280hp. It is basically Lincoln's version of a Mustang GT. It has the exact same Motor(4.6L V8) and tranny and I think it has the same Chassis as well. So basically i go up to the next step but i go to the "other" side or the "dark" side...AKA FORD. lol.
-Christian

Return to Aftermarket Product / Company / Seller Reviews