• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

Why do ford fanatics Think Thier 4.6L mustangs are so Bad?

Camaro Discussions (NON-TECHNICAL)

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:35 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: google
Marko wrote:
I have a Harly Davidson! Does that make me a biker idiot also? :roll:

Well actually.... you take the idiot part from the mustangs and combine it with the biker part from the Harley and well..... :lol:
1986 Sport Coupe - 350, Bored .030, KB Flat Top Pistons, 10.5:1 Compression Ratio, Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold, L31 Vortec heads, Comp Cams 12-234-2 (for now)

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:41 pm
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
Marko you don't own a 4.6 though so you can't talk... at least 302's are badA$$. And you've even admitted that you want another Camaro over a mustang. Although for future reference a 350 4th gen would be LT1 while the LS1 is 346 but whose counting right?

As for the biker part your only an idiot if your fat , wear little to no clothing , and have a ponytail longer than the exhaust pipe!!
1986 Blue sport coupe 5.0 A4

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:02 pm
* $151 - $200 *
* $151 - $200 *
FordGirlGoneBad wrote:
Hey, I like Mustangs! I like all muscle cars, but that's just me. Can't we all just get along. Would it be any different if another Camaro owner said he wanted to race your Camaro? There will always be a mine is better than, faster than, stronger than yours... 8O

Right, but its more about the driver than the car itself. Plus what they do to the car to make it worse.

And if you didn't already know which was better, I assume you would be the owner of a purple mustang, and not a purple camaro :wink:

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:05 pm
* Moderator *
* Moderator *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Google search many years ago.
TheCactusWill wrote:
FordGirlGoneBad wrote:
Hey, I like Mustangs! I like all muscle cars, but that's just me. Can't we all just get along. Would it be any different if another Camaro owner said he wanted to race your Camaro? There will always be a mine is better than, faster than, stronger than yours... 8O

Right, but its more about the driver than the car itself. Plus what they do to the car to make it worse.

And if you didn't already know which was better, I assume you would be the owner of a purple mustang, and not a purple camaro :wink:

I bought the Camaro because it was cheap and I could afford it -- that's the only reason. I just happened to absolutely love driving it once I got it and have a very generous boyfriend who pimped it up right. What I do love about the Camaro is that it introduced me to the F-Body forums and the really great people. I can't say that I wouldn't have had the same experience on a Mustang forum because I'm not there.

I love Mustangs...my first hotrod was a '70 Mustang convertible with a 302 Boss in it and I drove it like I stole it, before that I had a '76 Mustang and other various Fords. Me owning a Camaro -- that's what makes me Ford Girl Gone Bad (or Great, like Marko said, lol). I'll own another Mustang and won't think twice about it. But then again, like Marko, I'm over 40 and just don't get the competitive nature of which one is better. They both have great features and I wouldn't hesitate to take either out on the road and have fun no matter which I was driving. Just my opinion.

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:47 pm
Minimum of 200 Posts
Minimum of 200 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Internet
Ford girl gone Bad, You are one of the people on this site that makes it
the great place that it is. I sold my Camaro because I wanted to build a drag car. I sold the 85 Z- 28 for $3000.00 and purchased a 90 LX notch for
2000.00 actually in great shape. I spent around 1200.00 on drag race stuff;
Slicks,150 shot, Tach,Line lock,Drive Shaft loop,Race bucket,In tank fuel pump, Batt. relocate, LCA,UCA,and more. Some used and some new. I'm
looking at the mid to lower twelves for 200.00 more than the sale price of the Camaro. Mustang are light and a good platform for Drag Racing. It is pure economics why I have that car. I want to race cheap. I would never
have gotten mid twelves with my Camaro for 200.00. I have had the other
Supercharged Stang before I purchased my second Camaro. It is a street
machine that blows away my drag car, but I wont beat on it. The Camaro Club here in Victoria have a great relationship with the Mustang club and
have joint meets every year. It supossed to be fun.
1985 Z-28 70.000 Miles stock SOLD!
I have two Ford 5.0 now. One is supercharged.
Hate me now! I still love Camaros

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:00 pm
* Moderator *
* Moderator *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Google search many years ago.
Thanks Marko! People like you is why I'm here too. I'm hoping to get another '70 Mustang or better yet, a Ranchero in the future...but for now, I love my purple Camaro, my black Camaro, my gold and red Trans Am verts and am having fun collecting them, driving them and showing them off -- and admiring a few Mustangs along the way. :D

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:25 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: google
FordGirlGoneBad wrote:
Thanks Marko! People like you is why I'm here too. I'm hoping to get another '70 Mustang or better yet, a Ranchero in the future...but for now, I love my purple Camaro, my black Camaro, my gold and red Trans Am verts and am having fun collecting them, driving them and showing them off -- and admiring a few Mustangs along the way. :D

ewww, Rancharo, just a wanna be El Camino
1986 Sport Coupe - 350, Bored .030, KB Flat Top Pistons, 10.5:1 Compression Ratio, Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold, L31 Vortec heads, Comp Cams 12-234-2 (for now)

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:57 pm
* $151 - $200 *
* $151 - $200 *
Well the ford 302 engine was "OK", even though its a total lie of a 5.0 at an actual metric displacement of 4.9 liters not 5.0, apparently they don't know math over at ford... But they haven't put a 302 in a mustang for almost 15 years, and the 4.6 is not worthy of running against any other V8 without ricing the crap out of it and wasting serious money. So whoever the fox body dude is, I understand, but let it be known the rest of what has happened to the mustang in the past 15 years has only embarrassed it and therefore has made itself the butt of our jokes...

Over at chevrolet, even if they discontinued the camaro for awhile, at least they have improved their engines, not made them worse.

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:28 pm
Minimum of 200 Posts
Minimum of 200 Posts
TheCactusWill wrote:
Well the ford 302 engine was "OK", even though its a total lie of a 5.0 at an actual metric displacement of 4.9 liters not 5.0, apparently they don't know math over at ford... But they haven't put a 302 in a mustang for almost 15 years, and the 4.6 is not worthy of running against any other V8 without ricing the crap out of it and wasting serious money. So whoever the fox body dude is, I understand, but let it be known the rest of what has happened to the mustang in the past 15 years has only embarrassed it and therefore has made itself the butt of our jokes...

Over at chevrolet, even if they discontinued the camaro for awhile, at least they have improved their engines, not made them worse.
\

Petty! :-k

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:38 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
poop
2008 Victory Red Z06

12.7 1/4 lol driver mod needed

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:04 pm
* $151 - $200 *
* $151 - $200 *
Marko wrote:
TheCactusWill wrote:

\

Petty! :-k

How so? Enlighten me.

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:36 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
jake wrote:
poop
2008 Victory Red Z06

12.7 1/4 lol driver mod needed

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:43 pm
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Minimum of 4000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Google.ca
TheCactusWill wrote:

I have a Purple Camaro :)

-OSS
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/802958

Swift ViSSion; Camarosource.ca Visual Department

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:49 am
Minimum of 200 Posts
Minimum of 200 Posts

How so? Enlighten me.

Let me try! Lets get this straight. I don't care about actual engine displacement. Nor do I care about Ford. I don't have any experience
with the 4.6 nor do I care. Im not imbarrased about what Ford is doing right now or ever actually. You have to care to, I don't! To me this all "Petty"
crap that you are dragging up to What! To make me feel bad. U seem to
have way more interest in Ford than I do? Im sure u have lots of hands on experience to know what is what. I gonna come to u when I need a dose of ussless crap. Don't lose sleep over Ford.I won't lose any over you. Now you
know where Im coming from,can we talk Chevy on a chevy site now? :lol: :lol:

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:03 am
Minimum of 600 Posts
Minimum of 600 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: www.google.com
i agree that mustangs are junk,a few people at my school drive mustangs and they diss my iroc until i smoke them in a race but i do think mustang owners are immature because they think their stang is the baddest and that no one can beat them
my 85 IROC-Z-350 4 bolt main,700r tranny,B&M shift kit,edelbrock performer intake,holley carb,headman headers,magnaflow exhaust,charcoal/black interior,new paint and more this year

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:53 am
* $151 - $200 *
* $151 - $200 *
Marko wrote:

How so? Enlighten me.

Let me try! Lets get this straight. I don't care about actual engine displacement. Nor do I care about Ford. I don't have any experience
with the 4.6 nor do I care. Im not imbarrased about what Ford is doing right now or ever actually. You have to care to, I don't! To me this all "Petty"
crap that you are dragging up to What! To make me feel bad. U seem to
have way more interest in Ford than I do? Im sure u have lots of hands on experience to know what is what. I gonna come to u when I need a dose of ussless crap. Don't lose sleep over Ford.I won't lose any over you. Now you
know where Im coming from,can we talk Chevy on a chevy site now? :lol: :lol:

What? We sleep better because of mustangs.

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Minimum of 60 Posts
Minimum of 60 Posts
irocz85owner wrote:
i agree that mustangs are junk,a few people at my school drive mustangs and they diss my iroc until i smoke them in a race but i do think mustang owners are immature because they think their stang is the baddest and that no one can beat them

All I know was back in my day at school there we're two F-Body cars that made every mustang owner at the school look slower than a pony ride at the county fair. My friends 97 Trans-Am and my 86 RS with a zz4 gm crate in it. Can't name one mustang owner that dared want a rematch either :P.
New Camaro Owner. Don't Abuse Me :P.

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:33 am
Minimum of 2000 Posts
Minimum of 2000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Roj told me. He is my hero. One day, im gonna grow up and be just like him, You'll see.
Marko, are you saying its cheaper to build a Ford for drag racing than a Chevy??

Im not gonna open up the same arguement, but your mistaken if you think you can build them for the same price.

I understand you had the right deal come along. But dont compare the economics of the 2.

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:49 am
Minimum of 60 Posts
Minimum of 60 Posts
I think he's saying its cheaper to build a ford drag car that you wont care about. At my local drag strip I've seen plenty of guys toss together a stang for 4 grand, trailer it to the strip, run it 5 times, and watch the engine blow. At the same time all the chevy guys buy a camaro or nova or chevelle, put 20 grand into it, drive it to the strip, run it as many times as they want, drive it home, come back another day and do it all over again, and don't notice problems until about 10 track visits, and even still its usually an inexpensive fix.

Chevy guys buy cars to go fast and last, while Ford guys buy cars to crash.
New Camaro Owner. Don't Abuse Me :P.

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:23 pm
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Through an internet search.
I will just be plain and honest. I HATE MUSTANGS, PERIOD!!!! I mean listen to this comparison. Back in the day when my dad was my age, he had a '66 Impala that was a 4-door with a 220 horse 283 and 3-on-the-tree 3-speed. My dad, being the Chevy man he is, raced a 289 mustang at the strip one night, and beat the mustang. I consider this a great win because of the size of the Impala compared to the junk mustang. So to me this proves that the 283 could put power out as well.

That's not the only good Chevy my dad has owned neather. He is the whole reason that I like Camaro's so well. He had a '68 SS 350 w/ the Muncie M-21 Rockcrusher 4-speed. It was matching numbers too. I wish he still had that car, then I could show up some of the mustangs as well.
1991 RS Camaro with a fresh 355 ci Small Block with several mods.

PreviousNext

Return to Camaro Non-Tech