• Store
  • Photo's
  • Reviews
  • Classifieds
  • Camaro Info Database
Welcome to CamaroSource.ca
camarosource
Welcome Guest,

You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most posts. JOIN our community, and gain full access to not only the message board, but our other many features of the site such as Classifieds, Camaro Gallery, and our Product Reviews as well as other features that will become active at a later date.

Registering with us FREE, fast and a very simple step, join the Camarosource.ca community today!

Already a member? Login to gain full access Now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Username

Password

Log me on automatically

The 2007 Camaro anomoly

Discuss the 5th gen (Will there be?), spy photo's, rumors, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:25 pm
Minimum of 20 Posts
Minimum of 20 Posts
As I look through all of the pictures of these allegid "2007 Camaros" I notice that NONE of them posses the Camaro emblem (you know the one with the chevy logo and the red white and blue stripes) Now I could be wrong, but I believe this was introduced in the 2nd gen Camaros. I also believe that every Camaro since then has this logo. Now why all of the sudden would they stop with this logo? Just doesn't make sense to me, and it is the main thing that makes me think that these Camaro pictures are WAY off... :roll:

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:17 pm
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
Location: Republic of Vancouver Island (we accept Canadian money at par)
Following that logic though, If the next gen Camaro is a retro first gen, it shouldn't have the tri-colour emblem.

Food for thought.

Mike
'97 Camaro RS

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:30 am
Minimum of 20 Posts
Minimum of 20 Posts
That is true, but from what I have been reading the "2007 Camaro" is going to be futuristic. I just think that Chevy would stick with the logo everyone has come to know and love.

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:40 am
* Moderator *
* Moderator *
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: Surfing
Interesting note regarding emblems. Starting in 2006 all GM brands (Chev, Pontiac, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Saab, Hummer, Saturn) will also be wearing the "GM" logo on both sides of the car. GM think's they'll sell more cars if a potential customer sees a Saturn for example wearing a GM logo. They'll go, "It's only a Saturn, but wow, it's got GM quality! Now that's a name we can trust!" 8O

Honestly!
1989 Iroc-Z, 305 TPI, 5 spd, 3.08 diff My Car Domain Website

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:53 am
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
GM= Got Money? :)

I can see where both sides make sense, I'm sure if GM conducted a poll (as we LOVE to do here in the states!) most people would want the tri-color emblem, I know I like it and refuse to cover it up with all those decals they make for it...carbon fiber...sheesh, as if there's not enough of that on the fart cans! "I'd like 2 scoops of rice with an extra helping of carbon fiber, please!" :wink:
1998 3.8L "Raylene" w/Flowmaster duals-outs

Veritas Vos Liberabit!

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:56 am
Minimum of 1000 Posts
Minimum of 1000 Posts
NEOCON wrote:
GM= Got Money? :)

I can see where both sides make sense, I'm sure if GM conducted a poll (as we LOVE to do here in the states!) most people would want the tri-color emblem, I know I like it and refuse to cover it up with all those decals they make for it...carbon fiber...sheesh, as if there's not enough of that on the fart cans! "I'd like 2 scoops of rice with an extra helping of carbon fiber, please!" :wink:
on that subject, have you noticed that ricers take OFF there emblems and fill in the holes :lol: there not even proud of them! :lol: :lol:

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:18 pm
Minimum of 20 Posts
Minimum of 20 Posts
I would think that GM would keep the tri-color logo on the Camaro, as it has become part of its heritage. The only thing that I wish camaros had was a logo with some type of animal or something (like the firebird) so I could have it painted on my hood :P

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:13 pm
Minimum of 60 Posts
Minimum of 60 Posts
Yeah, isn't a camaro a bird or something?

That makes sense though that the new ones will probably be a retro first gen. It seems like thats where everyone's heading.

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:22 pm
Minimum of 20 Posts
Minimum of 20 Posts
camaro isnt a bird.
it means man's friend or best friend, something like that...

i do know somthing you can put on your hood
a pic of your camaro on your camaros hood :twisted:

i dont think chevy will go retro with the camaro. besides theres a company making "copy" 67-69 camaros so those of us who cant find a 1st gen or cant afford it can build our own. of course they wont be worth any where as much as the originals. several other cars are going to copied too. for more info look in the first issue of the new Camaro book, forgot what its called. it shows a copied covertible 1st gen camaro body, without paint

GWS
My Camaros
1990 Camaro RS 3.1 V6 with plenty of mods. Glossy Black. custom blue interior in the works.
repainting soon, glossy black with metallic blue twin stripes running on top of car from front bumper to back bumper.

1989 Camaro iroc 350 v8, blown engine
my new project car. Metallic blue. hoping to trade for a 2nd gen/1st gen when new engine is runnin smoothly in it

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:35 am
Minimum of 20 Posts
Minimum of 20 Posts
They will never be as cool as the original. My dad has a 1968 Camaro and a 1972 Camaro. I don't like the second gen as much as the first. But that is a bit off topic... Yes Camaro means Friend or something. I think I should get the tri-color emblem on my hood! What do you think?! As for the 5th gen Camaros I think they body style is way wrong, it looks like a herse or soemthing. Not my style at all :(

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:38 pm
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
I think I remember that camaro is French for shrimp or something, I'm not kidding! Chevy just picked it because it sounded good and they didn't know what it meant until Ford investigated it.

Interesting Chevy names:

El Camino: (translated in spanish) El = "the", Camino = "I walk", so El Camino means "The I walk"

Nova: (translated in spanish) can be broken down into No-Va, Va = "it goes", so Nova = "It doesn't go"

Interesting names for cars, ehh?
'69 Original DZ302 z28 RS D80 ZL2 M21

My Site

-------------------------------------------------

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:05 pm
** Administrator **
** Administrator **
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: I am the Administrator :-)
I don't get that.. "crevette" is "Shrimp" in french...

"Camaro" is not a french word
1992 Camaro Z28. Blue/silver, Custom Blue/Silver Leather seats, Rebuilt Engine, Cammed, Headers, TT ][ Rims ...
NEW http://WWW.CAMAROSOURCE.CA
Over 3,500 Camaro Trims, 1,600+ Photo Spotter's Guide, 2,500+ Std. & Opt. Accessories, 3,000+ Factory Options, Forums, Decoders, Reviews, Classifieds...
3,500+ Camaro Information Database

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:23 am
Minimum of 60 Posts
Minimum of 60 Posts
Okay, I really thought I saw the word camaro to be spoken like it was a bird in a book I read a little while ago, so I wrote it in on Wikipedia.org and not only did a gorgeous 69 pop up that looked exactly like Huggerz, but Camarosrouce.ca is listed on the bottom for full in depth information on camaros. You're getting big Paul... congrats man.

anyway back to the issue, I couldn't find anything about the camaro being a bird, but I could have sworn that I read it out of context in the book "A picture of Dorian Grey" a few months ago, I'll pick it up later today and see if I can find it. Maybe its like an old english thing.

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:06 pm
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
Nevermind. I did some searching and found out it is French for friend, pal, or comrad.

My Site

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:47 pm
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
someone just mentioned the idea of a large camaro logo on the hood, thats a kinda cool idea. also i agree with the "i wish camaro was an animal" it would be awesome to have a wolf logo or something on our hoods

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:01 pm
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
They were originally gona call the Z28 the "Cheetah". I like z28 better.

My Site

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:21 pm
Minimum of 400 Posts
Minimum of 400 Posts
Where Did You Hear Of Camarosource.ca?: good ol' google
yea but barbeque in french means bearded butt so!!! haha sh!t happens

69huggerZ wrote:
I think I remember that camaro is French for shrimp or something, I'm not kidding! Chevy just picked it because it sounded good and they didn't know what it meant until Ford investigated it.

Interesting Chevy names:

El Camino: (translated in spanish) El = "the", Camino = "I walk", so El Camino means "The I walk"

Nova: (translated in spanish) can be broken down into No-Va, Va = "it goes", so Nova = "It doesn't go"

Interesting names for cars, ehh?
Daniel

Sold: 95 camaro v6, very missed
Seeking: 4th gen, Camaro TTop, 6spd!!!

Current: 87 Pontiac Grand Prix
and its got all working power options and very clean!

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:35 pm
That was a dam good answer from Mike.
I seen the pics of the so called 2007 camaro and I think they look awesome. I hope they do come out with a new one in 2007.
my name is bill i have a 97 camaro and i raced billsbrother, he was in his 84 monte carlo
and i whipped his butt.

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:22 pm
Minimum of 100 Posts
Minimum of 100 Posts
Camaro was originally gonna be called the "Panther"

Camero in Spanish means shrimp.

If you look closely at the right rear above the lights on the silver '07 concept or whatever it clearly says CAMARO above the right taillights. Maybe I can see it cause I have the unmolested originals in high res and without any watermarks. Don't ask. :lol:

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:51 am
Minimum of 2000 Posts
Minimum of 2000 Posts
heres wat u can see im my version...sure looks like camaro to me...

Next

Return to 5th Gen / Future